What's new

SP3 as a Tablet Replacement?

mtalinm

3:2 is better for tablet mode, but the screen is a bit too big imho. I also have the Surface 3, which is PERFECT as a tablet. wish they sold a version with faster chip/disk and more memory. then I would make it my only machine. but MSFT will probably continue to differentiate Pro with bigger screen.

GiGo

The SP3 screen is a lovely screen to read on! A4 PDF's etc... display perfectly and feel natural on the screen, never tried a comic book, will have to get some and start reading more.

However I do find the SP3 a little too big for reading and I tend to grab my 7" Tab3, I have never tried to read a book on the original Surface I have, so can't comment, but the 3:2 ratio like people say is damn good for reading.

MoggSquad

Are you using an Android Emulator because the MS Store doesn't have the Marvel Unlimited App.

I've been thinking about downgrading from my SP2 512GB to the SP3 128gb version. I have a 128 gb microsd card for storing movies and games. I really want to know what the experience is like reading comics from the Marvel Unlimited app in portrait mode on the SP3? It is not a good experience on the SP2 due to the long form in portrait plus the weight. Does the SP3 feel similar to using a tablet like the ipad air? I don't use my SP2 when reading in bed because it just feels to much like a laptop versus a tablet. I'm not sure if that makes sense but wanted to see if SP3 owners feel it's a good replacement as a tablet for reading.

malberttoo

wish they sold a version with faster chip/disk and more memory. then I would make it my only machine. but MSFT will probably continue to differentiate Pro with bigger screen.

The only issue there I would think is that with a more powerful proc, you then bring heat issues.

Telstar1948

The SP3 screen is a lovely screen to read on! A4 PDF's etc... display perfectly and feel natural on the screen, never tried a comic book, will have to get some and start reading more.

However I do find the SP3 a little too big for reading and I tend to grab my 7" Tab3, I have never tried to read a book on the original Surface I have, so can't comment, but the 3:2 ratio like people say is damn good for reading.

I use my SP3 for reading all the time in landscape mode leaving the type cover attached even on my lap, legs crossed, whatever.