What's new

SP3 Bluetooth Audio Issues

guyp2k

I received my new Marantz 1605 with Bluetooth this week and was looking forward to streaming Bluetooth from my SP3 to the Marantz which has been a nightmare. I hate to say this and will probably get chastised by the masses here but the Marantz works flawlessly with iphone 5s and both Ipads, zero issues.

I am able to pair the SP3 and the Marantz but that is short lived and the connection will drop and I have to go through the entire process again. I have a week before my return window expires and given several issues including the more recent Bluetooth issues it is looking like I will return which is unfortunate because the SP3 has so much potential.

I thought I would ask if anyone has any suggestions before I pack it in.

Update:

I had the following Kinivo BT dongle that I installed on the SP3 and it works just fine and provides a nice BT GUI to configure your BT devices. The SP3 native AVASTAR BT chipset is sub-par and needs a driver upgrade....I just don't understand a company such as Microsoft would not have better QC/testing before releasing the SP3. Below is the BT dongle that I am using and works fine...

http://www.kinivo.com/Kinivo-BTD-40...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

Thanks

Last edited:

benjitek

...The SP3 native AVASTAR BT chipset is sub-par...
Hopefully it isn't the same Avastar 350N chipset in my SP2 -- my WiFi connectivity speed drops in half when I have both Bluetooth and WiFi on, if I turn Bluetooth off, WiFi speed doubles. Personally, I'd take the device back, take the speakers with you and make sure they connect fine with both the floor model and the replacement they give you.

wertzius

Try this:

1. Right click on the start button, select &quot;Device Manager&quot;<br />
2. Find Bluetooth-&gt;&quot;Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter&quot;<br />
3. Right click and select properties.<br />
4. Go to power management tab and uncheck &quot;Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

OP
G

guyp2k

I tried that and did not address the issue. The SP3 is going back to BB Monday and I will wait and see if and when MS addresses all the issues, if so I will definitely purchase again. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rugbyguy541

I am getting the same issue when trying to listen to audio through bluetooth. Anyone have any other fixes besides getting a thing to plug into the only USB port?