What's new

Solved SP3 DisplayPort after Windows 10 update

agt499

My update to W10 appeared to have gone well until I got home and put my SP3 in the dock.
It had previously been working fine with my 2x Dell 2414 monitors daisychained.
On first connecting after the upgrade, only the first monitor worked.
I tried a reboot, and after that it will not display to either display via displayport. Even connecting the minidisplayport cable directly to the SP3 will not find even one of the displays. (it does however work with a mdp to HDMI convertor? )
Is anyone else having issues, and any suggestions short of resetting the SP3?

enthuz

I have 2x Dell 2515 setup with the same issue. I did find that you can plug one into the dock and the other one to the SP3 as a workaround for now. I just downloaded the newer Intel driver, but have to wait until tomorrow to test in the dock. I will reply with my results.

Last edited:
OP
A

agt499

Oh balls.
I know others have had issues with different dell revisions with Win 8.1, and had been counting myself lucky until now.
Look forward to your update!

Krague17

I'm currently have 2 Dell U2414H monitors connected without a problem. They are daisy chained through the mini DisplayPort plug on the back of the dock. Even before upgrading to Windows 10 one or both would go out every once in a while and I would have to completely turn the power off to the monitors and turn them back on again to get them working.

On a side not we had some U2415's at work that I tried to daisy chain but was never able to get it to work. This was with Windows 8.1. I messed around with them on and off for a couple days but since they weren't mine I just gave up trying to get them to work. I'm not sure why the U2414's would work but not the U2415's. I used the same settings on both.

enthuz

I can happily confirm that the latest drivers for the Intel 5000 graphics card/version 15.40.4.64.4256 have fixed the issue of not seeing both monitors and the flickering affect from before. To recap, I have 2x Dell U2515H daisy chained via mDP to my Surface Dock. Resolutions are set to SP3 (2160 x 1440), Dell 1 (2560 x 1440) and Dell 2 (2560 x 1440).

I also had similar problems as Krague17. Prior to the upgrade I would have to power down both Dell 2414 monitors to get them to work properly.

Post Win 10 upgrade, I also needed to power them down once but after that both monitors work perfectly. Mini DP out of the dock to DP in then DP out to DP in on second monitor. I even tested them to see what would happen after I put the SP3 to sleep. One move of the mouse enabled one monitor then after password input, the second monitor turned on.

Strange. Also the Dell monitor app doesn't seem to work with my two 2414's

I can happily confirm that the latest drivers for the Intel 5000 graphics card/version 15.40.4.64.4256 have fixed the issue of not seeing both monitors and the flickering affect from before. To recap, I have 2x Dell U2515H daisy chained via mDP to my Surface Dock. Resolutions are set to SP3 (2160 x 1440), Dell 1 (2560 x 1440) and Dell 2 (2560 x 1440).
Was the driver updated via Win update or direct from Intel download site?

bluegrass

The driver numbers you gave don't match mine at all and I also have an SP3 i7. I just got through upgrading from 8.1 to 10 yesterday and my Intel driver dated 6/29/2015 is 10.18.15.4248. Kind of weird. You didn't give a date on your 5000 graphics card driver but from those numbers it looks like yours is leaps and bounds later than the one I have. I don't have any graphics problems to report. I haven't used the new Intel control panel yet.

enthuz

@bluegrass Yes mine was the same version as yours before I upgraded my graphics driver. It's now 10.18.15.4256. Please note that the prefix of 15.40.4.64 is from Intel, while the prefix of 10.18.15 is a MS thing.

OP
A

agt499

Good to hear others having luck.
Even with latest Intel drivers, no improvement.
Doing a clean install now...