What's new

SP3 - Docking Station

Tom Giannelli

I just received my SP3 docking station and I'm the display port connection doesn't seem to be working. anyone else with this challenge?

if I plug the display port into the SP3 (while in the dock) I can get a picture.

Kif

Lucky you. How did you get it early? I think there's a patch you need to install.

bluegrass

It will be released next week when the rest of us get ours. Hope for your sake, the problem is just the need for a driver.

jkabaseball

Mine will be here today. TigerDirect has them in stock and apparently at least the business side of TigerDirect is shipping them. I didn't get my SP3 any earlier though. From the picture at WinSuperSite, the missing driver he installs appears to be for Ethernet. I'll let you know what I come up with this afternoon. I have 2 U2414's daisychained together right now running from the minidispaly port on the SP3

Kif

I'm green with envy that people are getting are getting their docking stations early.

jkabaseball

Just got my hooked up. Everything works. Dual monitors daisy chained and Ethernet work great. Getting the monitors working is challenging at first regardless if it's connected to dock or SP3.

graye

I just received my SP3 docking station and I'm the display port connection doesn't seem to be working. anyone else with this challenge?

if I plug the display port into the SP3 (while in the dock) I can get a picture.

I was under the impression that the dock merely had a "mechanical pass through" for the mini Display Port connector. Meaning, just a male connector on the "inside" of the dock to mate with the SP3, and then just wires connecting to a female connector on the outside of the dock... no electronics involved, just wires.

Edit: Oops, I was wrong... the docking station actually leaves the mini Display Port exposed!

I presume you've tried to connect your monitor directly, without using the dock to verify that it works?

Last edited:

ZorMi

Yes, I understand dockstation is connected via proprietary PCIe port with electronics to handle connectors, so mini Display and USB3 ports remain available on Surface.