What's new

SP3 for games

Hi all,

Will any of the newer games (like World of War craft etc) run well on the SP3?

Also what's the latest role playing game?

Not a massive game but want something that will pass the time on the SP3 that I can get into :)

Thanks leeshor, sorry didn't even know there was a games forum :)

There isn't really... these subforums are where threads come to die. They only get interest for as long as you're original thread remains on the SP3 main forum before being bumped off the front page.

But to answer your question, WoW runs perfectly on the i5/i7 versions - even with 4 gigs of ram, although ideally if you want to do a little gaming on the side, the i5/8gig is what you want.

As for latest roleplaying games, probably Dragon Age, but that won't run on the Surface. Not a lot of the AAA rpg's released these days will run on a Surface - best to look from indies on Steam, as well as slightly older ports, like FFXIII, which does run well. Also play around with emulators - tons of great rpgs on the PS2 that run great on the SP3.

leeshor

There isn't really... these subforums are where threads come to die. They only get interest for as long as you're original thread remains on the SP3 main forum before being bumped off the front page.

That's why a reference link remains for 1 day. There must be order.;)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

But to answer your question, WoW runs perfectly on the i5/i7 versions - even with 4 gigs of ram, although ideally if you want to do a little gaming on the side, the i5/8gig is what you want.

As for latest roleplaying games, probably Dragon Age, but that won't run on the Surface. Not a lot of the AAA rpg's released these days will run on a Surface - best to look from indies on Steam, as well as slightly older ports, like FFXIII, which does run well. Also play around with emulators - tons of great rpgs on the PS2 that run great on the SP3.
You really don't give people much credit....our SEO is really good, our threads consistently rank in the top 5 results on most searches....

Searching Surface Pro 3 Gaming on Bing we are number 6 (non-paid):
http://www.bing.com/search?q=gaming...id=83ac857c7f14420aabeb03a0dc026aab&FORM=QBLH
Change it to Gaming on the SP3 we're first....

http://www.bing.com/search?q=+gaming+on+the+sp3&filters=rcrse:"1"&FORM=RCRE

kundas1

hey mark, your still hurt that we moved your thread to the APPROPRIATE place? well it's for nothing that your belly aching over spilled milk, because as you can see there were several posts in the thread you created so why are still whining? seriously? also you never heard of proper categorizing and proper subject placement? you can't stick EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE!!! then it gets to hard to keep up and stay neat! so get over yourself dude!

jmullins1138

I just bought my Surface Sunday night, I got the i5 version with the 8GB of ram. When you turn the settings down you can play Skyrim with no issues whatsoever. I am going to install WoW later throughout the week so I can play around with the new expansion. But so far Skyrim has been great.

kundas1

that's great Jmullins1338 I find gaming to be better than I thought it would be, accept for the some small things like sometimes the mouse is overly sensitive on 1 game (just cause 2) and another problem which is no fault of the SP3 is the mouse lags on other games... but other than that it's been great!

jmullins1138

So update on World of Warcraft, it runs great, I was in the new questing zone for Warlords of Draenor and on the medium low settings I was getting about 30 FPS, when I switched to low, I was getting about 40 fps. I've been questing and playing the auction house and it runs great.

PCAnyWhere

I recently picked up the Humble Bundle set of Star Wars games and look forward to playing KOTOR 1&2 on my SP3. I tried Republic Commando and while it doesn't appear too demanding it does get the temps up on my SP3 so I don't think I would play too long.

I think the heat is the limiting factor. I know you could probably play WoW on it but would you want to might be the better question.