What's new

SP3 is not hibernating

Liam2349

You should obtain an energy report and sleep study report as suggested above.

Remember that more wifi usage = more battery loss. Have you installed anything, or changed any settings to use more wifi than usual?

cemian

weird thing happened to me today which killed my sp3 earlier than i had expected it ..which resulted me in actually having to use a pencil and paper to take notes...Even though the sp3 was in hibernation..well supposedly in hibernation...the unit would still stay warm...like it was still on but with the screen off...of course it would not respond to any screen,keyboard or pen touches to wake it up so I assumed it was hibernating...but a warm hibernation...first time that happened..

nilsk123

okay so last night, around midnight, i turned it off using the physical button, so putting it in connected standby. It was fully charged so i removed the charger.

This morning at 8:30, i open the 'lid/type cover' and the lockscreen comes up right away, so it was still in connected standby (so it hasnt hibernated/suspended). I log in and what do i see? battery reports 100 % still

i get more confused every day

edit:

alright after a minute it jumped to 95 percent. so its been in connected standby for 9 hours and lost about 5 percent in that time?

Last edited:

Liam2349

okay so last night, around midnight, i turned it off using the physical button, so putting it in connected standby. It was fully charged so i removed the charger.

This morning at 8:30, i open the 'lid/type cover' and the lockscreen comes up right away, so it was still in connected standby (so it hasnt hibernated/suspended). I log in and what do i see? battery reports 100 % still

i get more confused every day

edit:

alright after a minute it jumped to 95 percent. so its been in connected standby for 9 hours and lost about 5 percent in that time?

When did you last calibrate the battery?

Liam2349

Never have, its a 2 week old device. how would i go about doing that?

Charge the battery to 100%. If you haven't calibrated it before, you should leave it at 100% for a while - say half an hour. This is because you can't trust that it's actually reached 100% yet, as the battery has not been calibrated, and you want to make sure you charge the battery completely.

Then use the device as you please, and drain the battery until the device shuts down.

This will give you a reading of maximum battery capacity in your battery report, and will also make your battery percentage indicator more accurate.

Personally I've been doing this monthly with my devices - the battery degrades and therefore requires recalibration. Do it at least every few months.