What's new

SP3 Keyboard Colour Poll

What colour do you have or going to have for your SP3

• Total voters

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually there are two blues. Microsoft store blue and Best Buy blue. The OP's photo shows that his is a Best Buy blue.
Depends where you live. In the UK and elsewhere, it is simply blue and cyan. There are no store exclusives, because there are no stores :p

And that purple cover looks gorgeous. I may just order one and return whichever I like least.

kristalsoldier

Depends where you live. In the UK and elsewhere, it is simply blue and cyan. There are no store exclusives, because there are no stores :p

And that purple cover looks gorgeous. I may just order one and return whichever I like least.

Well, I bought my SP3 and Type Cover in Toronto. Are there any Best Buy store in Canada? I really don't know. Regardless, I like the dark blue Type Cover. The cyan seems to be a bit too bright for my tastes.

JeffGr

I went with black. It just seemed a tad more professional to me and I also am guessing that dirt shows up less on it.

Lol! I still have no idea what you are referring to!!! Sorry, I'm a bit dense.

Haha... It's cool... I forget sometimes just how diverse these boards are-- all the different countries, age groups, interests, etc.

Louisiana State University's colors are purple and gold; and it just happens that the purple type cover is a pretty similar shade of purple, too! So I have my theme color set as gold, with the purple type cover. Looks pretty slick, if you happen to be an LSU fan (or East Carolina). If you're a (insert any other SEC school) fan, it probably looks nauseating.

kristalsoldier

Haha... It's cool... I forget sometimes just how diverse these boards are-- all the different countries, age groups, interests, etc.

Louisiana State University's colors are purple and gold; and it just happens that the purple type cover is a pretty similar shade of purple, too! So I have my theme color set as gold, with the purple type cover. Looks pretty slick, if you happen to be an LSU fan (or East Carolina). If you're a (insert any other SEC school) fan, it probably looks nauseating.

Oh...ok...thanks. Makes sense. While I have lived in the US in the past - and for a significant period of time - I am unfortunately unaware of the various universities there save for the most obvious ones and, of course, my alma mater.

drzeller

089a68f4-ac6a-4fce-bca7-8dfd31886de0.png
I keep seeing this image (it's shown in their TV ads, too). It looks like a desktop app running alongside a Metro app. Am I being stupid - I can't figure out how you'd do this?

Thanks,
David

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I keep seeing this image (it's shown in their TV ads, too). It looks like a desktop app running alongside a Metro app. Am I being stupid - I can't figure out how you'd do this?

Thanks,
David
Open a MUI App then from the left side of the screen swipe the desktop (assuming you've opened the desktop already) to Snap it and there you go....

Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (3).png

drzeller

Open a MUI App then from the left side of the screen swipe the desktop (assuming you've opened the desktop already) to Snap it and there you go....
I *SWEAR* I have tried that and couldn't get it to work! But it worked just now!

Thank you!

David

Striknine

Happy with my Blue keyboard. Had a black one on my SP1 and got tired of the lack of color.
Also looks great with the back lit cool white keys. Sharp looking!

bluegrass

I don't walk a straight line very much & chose a purple & red type cover for different moods. The results of the survey are exactly as I suspected they would be. Conservative (in life) people mostly walk a straight black line.

The Best Buy blue is a darker blue than the blue that Microsoft sells.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't walk a straight line very much & chose a purple & red type cover for different moods. The results of the survey are exactly as I suspected they would be. Conservative (in life) people mostly walk a straight black line.

The Best Buy blue is a darker blue than the blue that Microsoft sells.

Which blue that microsoft sells? Microsoft sell 2 blues.