What's new

Sp3 latest update brought problems

Dblkk

Since this last set of updates, my sp3 has started to bring problems. Before WiFi from sleep was way more miss than hit, which was awesome, maybe 18/20 woke from sleep just fine. Sleep at night and morning woke from deep sleep.

Since yesterday, WiFi from sleep has turned horrible. 18/20 it now doesn't find WiFi or its limited and only a full restart fixes.

While sleeping my battery life plummets, maybe 10% an hour. Pretty consistent. 2 hours it just dropped 20%.

Deep sleep is not existent.

Anyone else having similar problems?

this is on both my w8.1 and w10.

I had WiFi sleep problems after the newest update. But it turns out I needed to do an additional reboot. Everything seems OK now.

(If you haven't already) check your update history to see if your firmware update was "successfully installed" or is still "pending restart".

OP
D

Dblkk

full successful install. and have restarted like 40 times now. I'll uninstall these last updates if I can, if not ill just refresh. not sure if a refresh will screw with my windows 10 partition

benjitek

Sounds like the firmware updates that were supposed to correct the WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity issues with my SP2 -- they never did work :-(

OP
D

Dblkk

Tried uninstalling marvel drivers, and restarted, then installed with drivers I had from when I installed windows 10 a few weeks ago. Other than loosing all wifi passwords, no difference. I had left it in sleep last night with 98% battery, woke up today with critically low battery and just minuetes before a shutdown. I only had 30 min to charge before school, so today ought to be interesting.

Cant figure out a way to uninstall latest firmware updates, and I cant do a refresh without my usb recovery. I guess dual partitioning and installing windows 10 as a dual boot screwed up my recovery. So ill have to wait until later tonight.

Unless someone else has any other ideas? Other than for the day use shutdown and not sleep.

That sucks. Only other thing I can think is the Intel driver:
•Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep

Maybe try uninstalling this one?
upload_2014-10-30_9-50-33.png

OP
D

Dblkk

That sucks. Only other thing I can think is the Intel driver:
•Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep

Maybe try uninstalling this one?
View attachment 4281
Thanks for the response. I uninstalled and then reinstalled using older drivers. Problem today is that ill be on the surface all day, so wont be able to tell my 'sleep' problem until tonight. Hope this works, as its by far the easiest option.