What's new

SP3 & MS Wireless Display Adapter 1366 x 768 help!

Nys299

I recently connected the MS Wireless Display Adapter to my AOC 24" 1080p monitor. However when I connect my SP3 to the adapter, although it has no problems connecting, the output on my monitor is only 1366 x 768. There are no options for me to increase to 1080p. Any help would be supremely appreciated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a Bluetooth Mouse or other Bluetooth Peripheral? In one of the Intel Video Drivers (March Firmware IIRC) it lowers the resolution to 720p if an active Bluetooth Connection is present. I believe one of the later drivers and the Firmware Update to the MS WDA fixed the issue for most users....

OP
N

Nys299

I am using the Microsoft bluetooth touch mouse. I am also using bluetooth to connect to my bluetooth speakers. I have also update the MS WDA to the latest firmware via the app on the app store. I am still getting 720p. This is absolutely bollocks and MS should be embarrassed. By putting your head in a hole in the sand does not mean the problem will automatically go away. Absolutely disgusted, if truly its a bluetooth issue. This is a major issue and it seems that everyone that has drank the kool-aid for the SP3 is treating this issue as if it does not exist.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
relax, take a deep breath and then update your SP3 video drivers.

Circumventing microsoft by manually installing drivers is not an acceptable solution. They want to tailor drivers and deliver them via Update, so that's how I will get my drivers. He is correct in that if it isn't easily solvable by simply checking windows update for a new driver then it should be mentioned. If I were to get back to my home in London and find that my WDA can't output at 1080p to my TV there while using my Bluetooth keyboard, then I would be equally as pissed if windows couldn't sort out the drivers etc itself via update.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for your understanding. And btw I am using the latest video drivers.

I believe my parents TVs downstairs are 1080p, and I've a Bluetooth speaker lying around, and I use a dinovo edge. I'll try and remember to test it out for you tomorrow to see what my experience is. I've only used my recently acquired WDA on my spare 720p TV. The kicker is that I'm on the latest build of windows 10, but I guess it'll tell you if it still a possible issue, or that windows 10 fixes itit or that it is known to work on 10. Last I checked the WDA is on the latest firmware (as it is, on a 720p 32" TV it would be pretty much impossible to use for anything worthwhile. At 2m away any text on the screen being projected by my sp3 is completely illegible, Completely blurred.

silkrooster

Well that explains it. I was wondering why the adapter changed to a lower resolution. I switched to a Bluetooth mouse. I was using a mouse with usb receiver. Apparently that's the difference. I thought the resolution changed to prevent the video skipping. Now I will have to verify.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am using the Microsoft bluetooth touch mouse. I am also using bluetooth to connect to my bluetooth speakers. I have also update the MS WDA to the latest firmware via the app on the app store. I am still getting 720p. This is absolutely bollocks and MS should be embarrassed. By putting your head in a hole in the sand does not mean the problem will automatically go away. Absolutely disgusted, if truly its a bluetooth issue. This is a major issue and it seems that everyone that has drank the kool-aid for the SP3 is treating this issue as if it does not exist.
Its an easy test, use the WDA without any Bluetooth Connections and if 1080p works.... bingo Bluetooth issue. Intel introduced this in the HD drivers.... it is happening on the other devices as well.