What's new

SP3 power on issue

fallyn

I am totally baffled. I work nights, so yesterday before departing to work, I plugged in my power adapter, turned on my surface with the usual black screen and let it sit till I arrived home this morning.

It's now sitting here on the on position, working. I am scared to let it go to sleep.

The last update is from March 23, update for Windows 10 version 1511 for 64x-based systems (KB3140741), successfully installed.

Any suggestions?

OP
B

BRD

hmm.. then why don't Microsoft fix this on the SP3.. mine stays black.. i've tried everything.. frustrated :(

fallyn

Did you receive the new power cord that was recalled? I am not sure if that is part of the problem, but since I got my new cord it seems better.

Have it plugged into the power supply. Turn it on. If you have a blackscreen, hold down shift, ctrl, WINDOWS +B. This will initiate the graphics driver. Now wait. If nothing happens after several minutes, hold the volume up and power key together to shut down the surface. Now power on and see if that helps. This is what they had me do. Its still starting up sketchy, but it starts.