What's new

SP3 Reviews

Zoidy

Here is another good review ...
Surface Pro 3 Review - SlashGear

I specifically like this statement:

"If you’ve got the camera app open, meanwhile, and click the Surface Pen’s button, it’ll not only snap an image but save that to a new note for you to annotate. Everything gets backed up in OneDrive."

bluegrass

Pleeeeez, Can any one advise what are the details of power adapter? in terms of output Voltage and output Ampere?

If I remember Ohm's law, watts equal IE or watts equals current X voltage. Do the math. 5 X 1 plus 12 X 3.6.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't posted for awhile, but I have (again) taken a Surface around the world. Last time, my Surface Pro, and this time, my Surface Pro 2. I also took my MacBook Pro. For part of the journey, I also had my wife's MacBook Air.

We are heavy Apple users, and legacy PC users.
I find myself reaching for my Surface first, almost every time. Uses include number-crunching geophysics, engineering, email / Office, and music / video / movie watching.
The Power Cover, by the way, has performed very well, giving me more battery life for flights and waiting away from mains power.

I have a 512 i7 Surface Pro 3 on order, which should come in just in time for my next trip. This review (Yahoo Tech - Surface Pro 3 Review) sums up many of my sentiments.

I still love my Apple products. The Surface Pro 3 and the XBox draw me back to Microsoft, however. I consider my laptops (including Mac) reasonably and sufficiently replaced.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

I haven't posted for awhile, but I have (again) taken a Surface around the world. Last time, my Surface Pro, and this time, my Surface Pro 2. I also took my MacBook Pro. For part of the journey, I also had my wife's MacBook Air.

We are heavy Apple users, and legacy PC users.
I find myself reaching for my Surface first, almost every time. Uses include number-crunching geophysics, engineering, email / Office, and music / video / movie watching.
The Power Cover, by the way, has performed very well, giving me more battery life for flights and waiting away from mains power.

I have a 512 i7 Surface Pro 3 on order, which should come in just in time for my next trip. This review (Yahoo Tech - Surface Pro 3 Review) sums up many of my sentiments.

I still love my Apple products. The Surface Pro 3 and the XBox draw me back to Microsoft, however. I consider my laptops (including Mac) reasonably and sufficiently replaced.

Is there any reason other than testing that you took all these products with you? Because it kind of neglects the reason why the Surface line exists lol...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any reason other than testing that you took all these products with you? Because it kind of neglects the reason why the Surface line exists lol...

I had presentations to give, which I am used to doing on the Mac (PowerPoint via Keynote). Because I could not trust the projector or media systems in various places, I traveled with lots of backup plans. The Surface fitted in the same bag as the Mac, (an iPad was in there too, along with a Kindle PaperWhite), so it was not a big deal.

But, yes, testing was a goal. Since then, I have traveled without any MacBooks.

Dim-Ize

I love my SP2. I played with the SP3 today and there are indeed many things that impressed me about it.

But, I realized that what I really wanted, was a thinner, lighter, slight smaller bezel on the SP2 form factor instead. Not hating on the 3, just not yet sure if that is the right fit for me.

I can't believe I'm inclined to pass for a while, given my normal tendencies with technology upgrades. Definitely not ruling it out, but would most certainly wait and think for a bit for my use.

MickeyLittle

I love my SP2. I played with the SP3 today and there are indeed many things that impressed me about it.

But, I realized that what I really wanted, was a thinner, lighter, slight smaller bezel on the SP2 form factor instead. Not hating on the 3, just not yet sure if that is the right fit for me.

I can't believe I'm inclined to pass for a while, given my normal tendencies with technology upgrades. Definitely not ruling it out, but would most certainly wait and think for a bit for my use.

I understand as I had the Surface Pro 2 and sold it on ebay as I wanted a larger screen so I now have the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 and I love the 12 inch screen. So I'm getting the SP 3 because I've been using a 12.2 inch tablet now for about 4 months.

cdf3

I understand as I had the Surface Pro 2 and sold it on ebay as I wanted a larger screen so I now have the Samsung Note Pro 12.2 and I love the 12 inch screen. So I'm getting the SP 3 because I've been using a 12.2 inch tablet now for about 4 months.

I've been thinking of selling my Surface Pro 2 on eBay, but I would end up loosing about $400. I keep telling myself, I could take that money and put a little extra with it and get an iPad Mini, that would go along with my Surface Pro 2. The larger screen is a huge plus for the Surface Pro 3, but I don't really need it as much because I have a laptop with a much larger screen that I use most of the time at home.