What's new

SP3 Stylus randomly stops working

Georgo

it is correctly paired and works great, then dies. Ive replaced the AAAA main battery to no avail. OneNote button works fine. To reactivate pen usage Ive discovered unscrewing the cap loosens main battery connection - retightening restore connectivity for awhile then it's gone again. Maybe nib needs replacing? Any help appreciated...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing i can think of is the battery, which you've already replaced.

Get on live chat to MS, i'm sure you'll have a new pen in the post by the end of the day free of charge.

dajogejr

There are two batteries. One in the cap (round, watch type) and the AAAA.
In addition, you can walk into any MS store, if you have them around, and they'll hand you 1-3 nibs in a bag at no charge.

We have 6 or so SP3s deployed and I like to have a stash of parts like this!

wditters

it is correctly paired and works great, then dies. Ive replaced the AAAA main battery to no avail. OneNote button works fine. To reactivate pen usage Ive discovered unscrewing the cap loosens main battery connection - retightening restore connectivity for awhile then it's gone again. Maybe nib needs replacing? Any help appreciated...

I had exactly the same and after months of frustration decided to have my pen replaced. Never had the issue again ... So go ahead, get it replaced.

bmclachlan

Same issue with my 2 pens. Also replaced battery many times until I discovered the little spring on the top part was pushed up so it did not firmly contact the battery all of the time. I gently pulled it down and heard it click into place and since then have had no problems.