What's new

Solved Sp3: System and System interrups waste 20/25% cpu - heating

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I was 9 hours today to work with pc, I could never leave more than 5 minutes. I have to find a solution for this, it's too sad. This systems go up to 35% as I leave PC alone for some minutes, it's really crazy.

megatronium

I was 9 hours today to work with pc, I could never leave more than 5 minutes. I have to find a solution for this, it's too sad. This systems go up to 35% as I leave PC alone for some minutes, it's really crazy.

Just leave the system alone until it stops. Worked for me.

Kif

It seems like to me that Microsoft needs better integration between there software and hardware divisions. It doesn't appear that Windows 8.1 is very well optimized to run on the SP3. I've seen Apple work miracles with software optimization and updates. I understand that Windows is a different beast because it's designed to work on many different platforms. But if Microsoft can't optimize Windows for their own hardware what chance do other vendors have to do the same?

megatronium

It seems like to me that Microsoft needs better integration between there software and hardware divisions. It doesn't appear that Windows 8.1 is very well optimized to run on the SP3. I've seen Apple work miracles with software optimization and updates. I understand that Windows is a different beast because it's designed to work on many different platforms. But if Microsoft can't optimize Windows for their own hardware what chance do other vendors have to do the same?

For me, this is not an every day issue - more like 1 a week or more. I don't know when it will happen again because when it happened last, I just let it finish and it hasn't happened since. Perhaps the legendary Core M chips will resolve the issue?

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I can't leave and wait... if I leave an wait I will have the cpu to 90 degrees and may be the system shut down that never happened, I mean, you would go around your house listening that your pc is burning? it's really sad, and then as I move the mouse or I touch one button of the keyboard, it go down. What the hell can joke with us like this? I hope soon to find somebody that has this issue like me regularly, I remember my set up, I'm working with sp3 on my left and I attached via mini display port of the Sp3 a startech adapter mdp to dvi-d to my lg w3000h 2560x1600 monitor.

May be after job I will try to see if the same issue happen without the external monitor but...... I'm really suffering with this issue now.

megatronium

I can't leave and wait... if I leave an wait I will have the cpu to 90 degrees and may be the system shut down that never happened, I mean, you would go around your house listening that your pc is burning? it's really sad, and then as I move the mouse or I touch one button of the keyboard, it go down. What the hell can joke with us like this? I hope soon to find somebody that has this issue like me regularly, I remember my set up, I'm working with sp3 on my left and I attached via mini display port of the Sp3 a startech adapter mdp to dvi-d to my lg w3000h 2560x1600 monitor.

May be after job I will try to see if the same issue happen without the external monitor but...... I'm really suffering with this issue now.

When this happened to me the CPU never got too high to shutdown. I have the same model SP3 as you do.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

in device manager my monitor is listed as generic pnp monitor, can be a problem if my Lg 30 inch monitors doesn't have specific drivers for windows 8? because on website the drivers are up to windows 7

Aegeas

If I had to guess I would assume your SP3 is trying to accomplish maintenance tasks in the background. Check your Action Center and see if there is a device driver that needs to finish installing too. My i7 doesn't get hot unless I'm playing games and then I expect it to. Do you have database software running on your SP that might have background processes running? The real trouble with the Surface is that since it is a full PC you could have any number of things running that are resource intensive and would make a traditional desktop heat up too, but it wouldn't be noticed due to them running loud by their nature. Your next step might be a Refresh just to be safe. It is a pain in the ass, but might be worth it for your peace of mind.