What's new

Solved Sp3: System and System interrups waste 20/25% cpu - heating

megatronium

Is happening to me to! Since few days, I'm going mad, I also have SYSTEM issue again, I'm working like a Microsoft employee to fix the issue of my 1750 usd device :) Please KIF, open a specific thread about the Logitech Keyboard, so I will reply there and we keep there updated, we will wait from Logitech forums other users for a solution... I think happened all like you said after some update few days ago. This messed up again my SYSTEM process going up and now I'm confused, I have to open a new thread for SYSTEM issue because I have to follow another path for that now.

I have already told you the reason why but you won't listen...

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

which was your tip so? was the netgate? Please repeat us your fix, may be I didn't understood what you did. Thanks.

megatronium

which was your tip so? was the netgate? Please repeat us your fix, may be I didn't understood what you did. Thanks.

No my tip was to let the SP3 finish what it's doing and then you won't have to worry about it for a while. The more you interrupt it, the longer it will take to finish. Again, this is just a guess but it seems to work for me.

Notice that when it happens and you view the task manager it stops. It's tied to that somehow I believe.

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

it is not possible, sith cpu at 35% it goes crazy, temperature 75/80 degrees and fan, then I have not left never to just destroy itself because sound crazy that this happen after each time you leave the just 2/3 minutes alone. Can only destroy a pc, expensive one perhaps, a windows that work like this, this is a big issue, we can't leave the pc and wait, if was like this we just would have the issue 1 time per day, and then finish, but this keeps for minutes, may be I left one time 5 minutes.. after I cry I can't listen the pc and fun scream for no reason.

Somebody this a reset and seem that the Sp3 is going much metter, I did a reset to another Sp3 i5 of my wife and is not giving any issue for now.

Problem that I have to spend time now to re-install all my programs, so I'm waiting the most I can for a reset, but I think that this night I will sleep better doing it! we will see if I do today or not, but max next sunday I swear that I do it, because it's too hard to fix this issue now, and the reasons can be dozens.

megatronium

it is not possible, sith cpu at 35% it goes crazy, temperature 75/80 degrees and fan, then I have not left never to just destroy itself because sound crazy that this happen after each time you leave the just 2/3 minutes alone. Can only destroy a pc, expensive one perhaps, a windows that work like this, this is a big issue, we can't leave the pc and wait, if was like this we just would have the issue 1 time per day, and then finish, but this keeps for minutes, may be I left one time 5 minutes.. after I cry I can't listen the pc and fun scream for no reason.

Somebody this a reset and seem that the Sp3 is going much metter, I did a reset to another Sp3 i5 of my wife and is not giving any issue for now.

Problem that I have to spend time now to re-install all my programs, so I'm waiting the most I can for a reset, but I think that this night I will sleep better doing it! we will see if I do today or not, but max next sunday I swear that I do it, because it's too hard to fix this issue now, and the reasons can be dozens.

Ok. When it happens again, what will your response be? Defective SP3? Then you return it and it happens again - then what?

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

I hope those are not defects, I mean, what sense have that those Sp3 some are good some defected? defected for what? I think that here is how they run this windows 8.1 ... and Sp3 has some its own bug, and they try to fix.
For example today the user KIF said that even his keyboard is giving issue since 2/3 days... like me, this means that Microsoft did some fix with some update and wasted something else... if we continue like this we get crazy soon, better they don't fix 100 times per years, but 1/2 updates and they need to test first, not let us test and get more troubles. We will understand only in the next weeks what is going on here.

I ready that other thread, but they speak there of system interrupts also. I got this issue when I used the Docking, with the docking I had also system interrupts to go up with system.... I read in this forum or other about the docking giving this issue, I removed it, and disapperead the issue with system interrupts, because the docking is defective... because don't work well with the mini displayport it has, I decided to sell and don't fix that system interrupts for an hardware that I couldn't use.

So I remain now on my Sp3 connected to a LG 30 inch via dual-d active adapter.

And I have only this SYSTEM process that goes up to 35% as I leave the pc 2/3 minutes idle.

Some day ago was perfect the pc and not doing it anymore! I would that again Microsoft this something to Logitech drivers or devices and now this is causing again the issue I was able to solve installing the Logitech Setpoint utility.

I'm working for Microsoft!!!!!

I have to leave you now 30 minutes, I just cleaned pc even with netgate, and now I need to leave idle pc for 5 minutes, for 3/4 times and to see how it is now. But I doubt... the issue is much more complicated. I think I will go to check with KIF, Logitech forum what has to say, are many users with K810 keyboard and windows 8.1 pro

Jacktherover

I upgraded today and this is the surprice, yesterday was not doing it, today I used a micro sd usb device just to transfer 2 files I needed over 1 gb, and I removed it now.

I read around the web who had same issue with audio tests, etc etc but nothing to do.

I have Sp3 in the docking 3 right now.

Please help, with Cpu at 33% and more all the time I need to shut down the system because not able the fan to handle this bug..... I can't believe, no luck yet with Sp3.

I had the same problem - high cpu usage which showed up as system and system interrupt using up 25 to 30 % CPU.
Trail and error - it stopped when I removed the micro sd card. Cpu usage fell to zero..

Hi, I noticed this problem for a while now. I finally found out what was triggering it. When I use Multiple Displays, the CPU jumps up to 30% or more. The fan kicks in and it won't stop. As soon as I set the Multiple Display setting to Monitor 1 (the Surface Pro 3) , the CPU drops to a normal level of 5% or so. This is with Outlook 2016 , Edge Browser, and Groove Music active. Switch back to Multiple display and stuck at 25-35% again.

Why is System and Compressed Memory / System Interrupts using 20% of my CPU ????

Update: I am using a Docking Station (the Surface Pro 3 designed one) and using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. I just tried using the DisplayPort directly on the SP3, and there is no excessive CPU usage when connected there. I also removed my Sdcard (suggestions from other posts) but that didn't make a difference.

Update 2: After removing the DisplayPort adapter directly from the SP3 and reinserting into docking station DisplayPort jack, I can't seem to reproduce the problem. CPU now sitting 5% or under at idle conditions.

Very frustrating...hope it doesn't come back

Last edited:
More info.. I've come to the conclusion the problem is specific to when the SP3 is connected to the SP3 docking station. I did several tests....from a powered OFF to ON state condition only. I don't know if this problem exists under any other power state, like hibernation or sleep mode.

If the SP3 is powered on while its already inserted into the Docking Station you will see excessive CPU usage of about 25-30% on both System Interrupts and System and Compressed Memory processes. If you restart Windows 10 while still connected to the docking station, within a minute or so after the reboot the CPU usage will settle down and decrease back to normal conditions.

If you turn on the SP3 from a powered off state, allow it to boot into Windows and then insert the SP3 into the docking station then there is no excessive CPU usage.

So in conclusion, if you boot up while in the docking station you need to do a restart for it to work properly.

Last edited: