What's new

SP3 vs SP4

kristalsoldier

One thing I want to remind everyone is that this Product Team goes out of its way to befuddle and do the unexpected... don't assume we can predict what will be released....

Granted. But then in a sense the Product Team has also boxed themselves in because they have asserted that any SP4 in the works will have to work with the peripherals that work with the SP3, which has a direct impact on the form factor of any potential SP4. So, in effect, what I am saying - and this is what I think @GreyFox7 is hinting at - is that the more substantial of improvements such as they may be will be internal and not in form factor. In other words, to the casual user, such changes would not be immediately apparent.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Granted. But then in a sense the Product Team has also boxed themselves in because they have asserted that any SP4 in the works will have to work with the peripherals that work with the SP3, which has a direct impact on the form factor of any potential SP4. So, in effect, what I am saying - and this is what I think @GreyFox7 is hinting at - is that the more substantial of improvements such as they may be will be internal and not in form factor. In other words, to the casual user, such changes would not be immediately apparent.
I will remind you that this team has the ability to befuddle and do the unexpected....all I'm saying is don't assume to divine the mind of Panos Panay ;)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh dear, we're not in Kansas anymore. :) PP = Wizard of Oz o_O
At the same time one should not assume to divine anyone's mind with clarity. ;)

CrippsCorner

I love that the Surface team has hidden the devices so well before... hopefully they'll come out with a few surprises up their sleeves :)

kristalsoldier

I will remind you that this team has the ability to befuddle and do the unexpected....all I'm saying is don't assume to divine the mind of Panos Panay ;)

This is not fair!!!!! You surely know a bit more than you are letting on!!! Now, I am really intrigued by the SP4! Ok...can you say yay or nay to at least one of the most superficial things? Can you speculate about colour options (dark and silver) for the SP4 and do you think thinner bezels are likely? :D

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could make it thinner or not as wide etc. as long as you also provide a spacer or adapter to fit the dock you haven't violated the commitment to maintain compatibility with SP3 dock/Accessories.

You could even make an adapter for a larger 14" Surface to fit the existing dock although that might be a bit funky.

You could make a WiGig adapter for the dock and have wireless docking.

Thinner, lighter, bigger or smaller ... no problem. :)

Gold or platinum plating, can do. Plutonium only on special order.

Screen embedded Finger/palm reading too. the finger reader is for security and palm reading for the spirituality app but doubles as an access mechanism :D

I think this is how the prognosticators do it ... they predict everything... including the kitchen sink ... whatever doesn't come is fodder for the next release. :D

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I want to remind everyone is that this Product Team goes out of its way to befuddle and do the unexpected... don't assume we can predict what will be released....

But then the unexpected becomes the expected so then they can't d that either :D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This is not fair!!!!! You surely know a bit more than you are letting on!!! Now, I am really intrigued by the SP4! Ok...can you say yay or nay to at least one of the most superficial things? Can you speculate about colour options (dark and silver) for the SP4 and do you think thinner bezels are likely? :D
See-no-evil-Hear-no-evil-Speak-no-evil-Star-Wars-Stormtroopers3.jpg

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha, just look at the complete surprise that was the S3. Microsofts NDA's must be tighter than a gnats hoohaa

BerryAl

Actually really excited for this launch. Microsoft seem to leak significantly less information than most other big companies, and well done I say. We knew loads about the iPad Pro before its launch.

CrippsCorner

Yes Microsoft do very well at this! Props to them... I hate seeing leaks, but at the same time I can't help looking lol, kind of ruins it all. Hopefully the leaked phones are fake, as they're bloody awful.