What's new

SP3 Would not turn on without plug, plugged in not charging

Dorksturhh

Hey guys i've been following all the SP3 news and updates there are for this device ever since i had this issue in the summer of july. I got that one update then all of a sudden my Sp3 stops working without the charger.

with the recent update that microsoft promises to "fix all battery problems" still doesnt work for me..
Any ideas what I can do?

I tried all the, press hold button techniques, delete battery driver etc. Its just disappointing that I spent $800 on this device, and i barely used it, and had faith and patience for microsoft to fix.. Half a year later its still useless

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 484

BrianTheSith

It's a firmware issue many of us are plagued with at present, with little to no contact from Microsoft. Those that do contact Microsoft are told they can purchase a refurbed on for $450, but people have reported the refurb has the same issue. Check out the MS forum here: Surface Pro 3 with LGC LGC Battery Degradation Issue - Post 8/29/2016 Update

Right now, many of us are looking for ways to help others be aware in hopes of helping Microsoft pay attention to us.