What's new

SP4 and Windows 10 ...MS read and FIX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

dman27

For those having problems, I would highly recommend doing a refresh, I also had a couple of BSOD, but since I did the refresh about 5 days ago, and took my time updating it instead of rushing them, I haven't had any issue. It is VERY important to do the updating in a proper way, as I think this is the main source of problems.

For those not having problems, you should feel really lucky, as these errors are popping up all over the internet, obviously prompting MS to respond with an apology for the issues.

I do agree that the version of Windows 10 that came with the SP4 is probably a bad version, as it told me it was upgrading to the full version of Windows 10 at the first update.
I made a huge mistake with my first SP4. I put up with its problems for too long. Countless hours spent with MS Tech Support with no fix. Second SP4 was better but not perfect either. If you own a troublesome machine, return it. You deserve (and paid for) a machine that works right out of the box.
I took the sp4 Back to the Microsoft store today. It fixed all the problems so far. Works perfect. I'm convinced the first batch had problems. Very Satisfied with the service.

I decided to risk using my SP4 once again for work yesterday... it died on me during a lesson, just went black like it switched itself off. I was just showing a static text based website. Pressing the power button showed the surface symbol and it booted normally... Really lame. For live sport, news or big business, such device behaviour could be catastrophic.

saidgta

My problems:
1-Very blue screen!
2-Black screen after sleep wake up.
3-Battery Drain in Sleep.
4-Vga crash "massage" was solved after last driver update, but the problem remained. I dont have any error massage like before, but when i am surfing web by firefox, some times(many times!) Half or parts of screen goes Black, and i must minimized the firefox and return for solve this problem!
5- the pen is my worst digital writing experience. I have an lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 and the wacom pen of it is very very very better than my sp4 and is very more sensitive.

Because of my job, i traveled to an country now that there is no any official microsoft store and service and i can not change my device.
And what i can do with broken 1300$ device?!!!
MS is my worst experience until now...
Shame to you microsoft... :(

OP
D

dman27

first Video Lockup today in Edge on video. Flash is integrated into Edge, so that may be an issue.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
My problems:
1-Very blue screen!
2-Black screen after sleep wake up.
3-Battery Drain in Sleep.
4-Vga crash "massage" was solved after last driver update, but the problem remained. I dont have any error massage like before, but when i am surfing web by firefox, some times(many times!) Half or parts of screen goes Black, and i must minimized the firefox and return for solve this problem!
5- the pen is my worst digital writing experience. I have an lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 and the wacom pen of it is very very very better than my sp4 and is very more sensitive.

Because of my job, i traveled to an country now that there is no any official microsoft store and service and i can not change my device.
And what i can do with broken 1300$ device?!!!
MS is my worst experience until now...
Shame to you microsoft... :(

I just got my SP4 this past weekend - So pardon me if I sound like a moron here. But one thing I have noticed is that if I use Windows Hello - Which I love BTW - its constantly looking for me in order to log on - sadly enough even if the keyboard is flipped up - where as it should be in complete standby or hibernate mode. Again I am not 100% certain that this is what is happening, but from what I have read - this seems to be the case. I opened my PC backpack and reached in to grab my SP4 and it was warm to the touch, as if it was never turned off....Again - dead horse here - Windows Hello I assume

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Other than power drain, not a single issue here :) Not one blue screen, not one driver crash, nothing.

I am in the same boat - Happy as a pig in poop - but this is after a Windows Reinstall and driver reload - Now it works like a screaming beast. I think that the SP4 just got loaded up by yet another incompetent Microsoft geek or crew of geeks. Sad though considering the price we have all had to pay for these things - and also considering PRO is in the title of the machine itself - Mircosoft Pro = Jumbo Shrimp.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got 5 bluescreen today...
This gadjet is very useless!!!

As you are probably aware, blue screens of death or (BSOD) is usually indicative of a hardware issue. I've been doing this 25+ years and 9/10 times it has been a hard drive issue. But try reloading the SP drivers to see of it clears things up.

leeshor

I got 5 bluescreen today...
This gadjet is very useless!!!
In the reliability report and event logs is there any clue? Since October mine has never had a blue screen and since then for other SP4s I support haven't seen one either. All 5 have been so reliable I'm recommending them to my customers.

saidgta

As you are probably aware, blue screens of death or (BSOD) is usually indicative of a hardware issue. I've been doing this 25+ years and 9/10 times it has been a hard drive issue. But try reloading the SP drivers to see of it clears things up.
I tried 2 sp4 and i think this is normal for this BAD TabletPc!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems clear some percentage of them do have hardware problems. (motherboard, CPU, memory, disk, whatever) Microsoft, Intel, Samsung, whoever else.

Others it seems simply have a bad Windows 10 or driver installs. This occurs far to often and there's only one entity with responsibility for that.

Some others suffer from actual Firmware/Driver/Windows 10 problems. Mostly Microsoft and Intel here... but others could have some smaller role.

I don't know what the percentages are but consider yourself fortunate if you are not having problems because it really sucks if you are.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried 2 sp4 and i think this is normal for this BAD TabletPc!

Or you have the absolute worst luck in the world. I just talked my friend into getting a SP4 earlier today - after a reload and driver update / install, his is running wickedly well. I genuinely feel bad for you if you've managed to get not one, but two bad SP4s - I mean what are the chances?? Perhaps you should switch to the crappy fruit brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.