What's new

SP4 and Windows 10 ...MS read and FIX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or you have the absolute worst luck in the world. I just talked my friend into getting a SP4 earlier today - after a reload and driver update / install, his is running wickedly well. I genuinely feel bad for you if you've managed to get not one, but two bad SP4s - I mean what are the chances?? Perhaps you should switch to the crappy fruit brand.
saidgta isn't the only one to receive two bad units.
I'm waiting before trying a third but multiple bad units would seem to indicate the problems are not statistically insignificant which would also seem to be borne out by the topic of this thread.

Just because X fixed your problem doesn't mean X will fix every problem.

I actually Reset one of them 4 times. Two of the four times it Blue Screened during setup and failed. The other two times did not fix *any* of the problems. That would be a total of 5 installs counting the original time. Perhaps I needed to try a sixth or even tenth but I think I gave it a fair shot.

Last edited:

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
saidgta isn't the only one to receive two bad units.
I'm waiting before trying a third but multiple bad units would seem to indicate the problems are not statistically insignificant which would also seem to be borne out by the topic of this thread.

Just because X fixed your problem doesn't mean X will fix every problem.

Whew - I am glad I did not say X would fix everyone's problem. I know a reload of both the OS and SP4 Drivers fixed mine. My machine was pretty useless until then.

saidgta

Or you have the absolute worst luck in the world. I just talked my friend into getting a SP4 earlier today - after a reload and driver update / install, his is running wickedly well. I genuinely feel bad for you if you've managed to get not one, but two bad SP4s - I mean what are the chances?? Perhaps you should switch to the crappy fruit brand.
I tried 4 bad sp, two bad sp3 with problems and replace it with two worse sp4 !!!
I think this is not "chance", this is BAD Product and "BAD Manufacturer"

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried 4 bad sp, two bad sp3 with problems and replace it with two worse sp4 !!!
I think this is not "chance", this is BAD Product and "BAD Manufacturer"

I would almost agree with as Microsoft sucks period. But.....this being my first experience with the Surface line - Well I am both disappointed and ecstatic at the same time. A product that is fresh out of the box should have that "new car" feeling to it - this product just sucked until I could get a good copy of Windows 10 loaded - and since then my machine has been kicking ass, with zero lag, and zero issues both on the hardware and software arena. I hope you have better luck and perhaps its time to take a bite out of the "forbidden fruit" (BOOO on the Apple)

saidgta

New Problem:
The pen didnt work and i must remove buttery and reinstall that and restart windows for solving the issue...
I am really regret for buying this useless Gadjet... :(

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Problem:
The pen didnt work and i must remove buttery and reinstall that and restart windows for solving the issue...
I am really regret for buying this useless Gadjet... :(

Can you return it? If that's not an option - What are the specs of the machine, and how much are you asking for it?

saidgta

Can you return it? If that's not an option - What are the specs of the machine, and how much are you asking for it?
I cant return it.
My sp4 is i5 4GB 128GB

Question: touch screen sensitive in sp4 is less than sp3, this is my sense. Are you sense that?
I cant use any screen protection on my sp4 screen.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cant return it.
My sp4 is i5 4GB 128GB

Question: touch screen sensitive in sp4 is less than sp3, this is my sense. Are you sense that?
I cant use any screen protection on my sp4 screen.

From what I have researched - the Gorilla Glass on the SP4 is the "screen protector" - Screen Protection has always been mandatory in my book, but thus far I haven't considered it. Your right, the SP4 has a high level of touch sensitivity, but I am not sure that adding a screen protector would interfere with touch screen operation.

I don't plan to use a screen protector - but this is a really good question. If you don't mind, I am going to ask around and attempt to get an answer.

saidgta

From what I have researched - the Gorilla Glass on the SP4 is the "screen protector" - Screen Protection has always been mandatory in my book, but thus far I haven't considered it. Your right, the SP4 has a high level of touch sensitivity, but I am not sure that adding a screen protector would interfere with touch screen operation.

I don't plan to use a screen protector - but this is a really good question. If you don't mind, I am going to ask around and attempt to get an answer.
I used an screen protector on my sp3 and every thing was good, when i bought sp4, i removed that protector from my SP3 and install that on my SP4, but the SP4 with that screen protector was really useless and i cant work with touch screen, so that forced me to remove the screen protector from sp4.
I am sure the sp4 touch screen sensitivity is less than every device i used before...
**THE SURFACE PRO 4 IS MY WORST DEVICE UNTIL NOW.**

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used an screen protector on my sp3 and every thing was good, when i bought sp4, i removed that protector from my SP3 and install that on my SP4, but the SP4 with that screen protector was really useless and i cant work with touch screen, so that forced me to remove the screen protector from sp4.
I am sure the sp4 touch screen sensitivity is less than every device i used before...
**THE SURFACE PRO 4 IS MY WORST DEVICE UNTIL NOW.**

Man - You really don't like the SP4 - wanna sell it to me? Lol - I love it to be honest, and I have owned quite a few electronic "toys / gadgets" over the years. Your SP4 is an i5 - which is in my opinion the best of both worlds. I got the i7 - its fast, snappy and handles all kinds of programs / software thrown at it - but the downside is the fan noise and battery drain. However, I would gladly sacrifice the noise / battery drain - to have a BEAST of a machine.

saidgta

Man - You really don't like the SP4 - wanna sell it to me? Lol - I love it to be honest, and I have owned quite a few electronic "toys / gadgets" over the years. Your SP4 is an i5 - which is in my opinion the best of both worlds. I got the i7 - its fast, snappy and handles all kinds of programs / software thrown at it - but the downside is the fan noise and battery drain. However, I would gladly sacrifice the noise / battery drain - to have a BEAST of a machine.
The sp4 in theory is a fantastic device, but in reall world is worse than cheapest lenovo labtop. This is my feedback after 1 month with sp3 and 1 month with sp4,After testing two sp4 and two sp3.
Even your sp4 i7 has overheating and power limit throttle and undervolting +other known issues for sp4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.