What's new

SP4 arriving Feb 1. What do I need to do to get prepared?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is getting returned because it has a few different faults (fan doesn't sound good, it disconnects from projectors and monitors even after changing cables and adapters, and etc problems...) I guess I'll just do a normal install as always ... probably the 8th or 9th time I'm installing EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN! Arg!!!

Why I never install anything til I know I'm happy with the thing ;)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you know you're happy with it if you don't use it with your usage?

This is true to a small degree, but the majority of RMA issues etc that I come across on this forum are things related to the operation of the device and Windows, not a piece of software crashing.

And at the end of the faux such a method works for me. If the device and Windows are playing ball, I've not once encountered a software problem that is attributed to the device, I.e something an RMA would fix.

Per the quite I posted, none of those issues are things that would not have been identifiable without having additional software installed, such as the secondary monitor thing. It is of course to each their own, and I appreciate that when you get a new machine the last thing you want to do is essentially not use it, you want to try and software and such from the moment you get logged in, just not how I work.