What's new

SP4 Bricked?

sayburr

Hello All,

Try to shorten a long story, but after attempting a recovery that ended in a reboot loop at 64%. I was able to initially boot to recovery USB created for SP2 but cpuld not successfully recover. Next, I downloaded the recovery image for SP4 but it would bot boot to the USB drive. Yes, it's formatted fat32 and successfully boots another SP4. I also tried two different makes of USB drives no luck. It will boot to the UEFI screen but displays a hard drive icon in the upper right corner. I was able to access/format/diskpart the SSD using command prompt from the SP2 recovery USB. The warranty expired Dec. 2016. I fear SP4 is now a frisbee.

Any utility USB images I could boot to diagnose/test the SSD?

ender

h

I hope I can help.

Download the file from the link below and throw it to USB. Turn on your device with USB.

(Software link removed by moderator. Please communicate using other means such as PM or email.)

1.Format your USB disk to FAT32 and change the drive name to "WINPE"

2.Unzip the image to root directory of your USB flash disk

3.Plug the USB disk in USB host

4.Power on the Sp4

6.The system will install the image automatically. Just wait until the recovery is finished. Please note:Your USB disk must be formatted to FAT32 and labelled "WINPE" in order for this to work

7.Unplug the USB disk. Reboot and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ojanneh

h

I hope I can help.

Download the file from the link below and throw it to USB. Turn on your device with USB.

(Software link removed by moderator. Please communicate using other means such as PM or email.)

1.Format your USB disk to FAT32 and change the drive name to "WINPE"

2.Unzip the image to root directory of your USB flash disk

3.Plug the USB disk in USB host

4.Power on the Sp4

6.The system will install the image automatically. Just wait until the recovery is finished. Please note:Your USB disk must be formatted to FAT32 and labelled "WINPE" in order for this to work

7.Unplug the USB disk. Reboot and enjoy.

Where can I find the download link please. I have a similar problem with my Surface Pro 2017.

Afy

In the event that nothing works, I would still contact Microsoft Support. Maybe you could send it in for repair, wont be cheap but cheaper than a new machine.
Please do let us know how things pan out.