What's new

SP4 - i5/256/8GB - Lots of bluescreens - two from same lot

TommyTuna

Hi Folks,

I have gotten two SP4s from lot 1542. Both have had nothing but problems with bluescreens and display driver freezes. I see the display driver issue is quite common but i'm not seeing the other issues that i'm having. So i'm thinking of yet another return / exchange before my 30 days are up. I am using the external dock with a 4K monitor about 50% of the time.

Last seven blue screen crashes were caused by (in span 5 days):

#1 This was probably caused by the following module: mrvlpcie8897.sys (mrvlpcie8897+0x1130A)
#2 This was probably caused by the following module: mrvlpcie8897.sys (mrvlpcie8897+0x1130A)
#3 This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!ApplyPathsModality+0x286)
#4 This was probably caused by the following module: pdc.sys (pdc!PdcpMonitorOnWatchdogWorker+0x29)
#5 This was probably caused by the following module: cdd.dll (cdd+0xDD33)

#6 This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!ApplyPathsModality+0x286)
#7 This was probably caused by the following module: win32kbase.sys (win32kbase!ApplyPathsModality+0x286)

bsnguy

Yep. Similar issues, here... SP4 i5/512/16GB. Will Microsoft ever make this work? It's so unreliable... I have to close everything and shut down to avoid losing work and having my system lock up when going into/out of sleep mode. Will also BSOD about once a week while using it. Same as my older SP3s (I went through five of them and all had similar issues).

bsnguy

Checked earlier today and nothing, but now it shows up. I'll try it. But previous promises of fixes have eluded me (us). Hope this is the magic (but I'm not holding my breath, honestly...)

UPDATE:
So after installing all of the updates and rebooting, I have been able to wake from sleep about five times, successfully. Not proof of an improvement, but at least not a failure! But the LockAppHost process issue (where it consumes 25% of the CPU and causes high fan speeds) still occurs after three or four "wakes" and requires a reboot to "fix."

So... MS still has work to do...

Last edited: