What's new

SP4 i5 vs I7

Hi Guys, after thought I am looking to get the SP4, rather than the Sbook for various reasons. The big question now is I5 or I7.

the I5 has the intel HD 520
the I7 has the intel Iris 540

I have looked all over the internet but can find no benchmarks on these two chips. Does anyone have any info?

Even for the SP3, the I7 benchmarks are all over the place, and it's very hard to tell the normal difference between I5 and i7 when heat comes in.

Cyb3rDud3

For me the 16GB availability would push the i7 ahead, but yes I'm concerned about real world speed difference and whether the i7 in this package will really be up for it.

For me the 16GB availability would push the i7 ahead, but yes I'm concerned about real world speed difference and whether the i7 in this package will really be up for it.
To be honest I'm not sure how I could ever warrant 16gb in the pro. I have that in my work horse PC, and I really don't always feel that I need it there, even for larger projects. The I7's extra ommph could be nice though, on the odd time i want to play a indie or arcade game on the move.