What's new

SP4 M3 or I5/4GB?`

MittWaffen

Currently have the m3, its quiet fairly quick with rare chugs when I'm multitasking a lot but nothing major.
I do a lot of school, notes, video, internet, and sometimes low end gaming (wow, civ 5 etc). its nice that its fanless, and runs wow at 1600x1200 rest decently.

Will the i5 for 100 more be a better product for me, or the m3?
my concerns are if I go i5 a lose a lot of battery and always have the fan kicking on while gaming and multitasking.

leeshor

I don't do any real gaming on my SP4 but I do multi-task. I only remember hearing the fan a handful of times for short periods. I would take that over the M3 any day.

The first time I heard the fan I had the TV on as well and it took a few minutes to figure out where the extra sound was coming from. ;)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless there's something you are real unhappy about Id keep what you have vs playing Surface Roulette.

raqball

I'm still very happy with my M3.. Works fine for my needs and I saved some cash in the process..

jaydon34

M3 as well. Runs everything quiet well my only regret would be wanting more ram/bigger hard drive. I'm still shocked how well this thing runs games. Played tomb raider 2013, far cry 3 and crisis 3 so well I'm unfortunetly back into gaming!!

XCESSIVEFORCE

Mitt, can I beg a favor? Can you get hwinfo aka hardware info, run it and then Play whatever game you believe is most taxing on your system for 15 minutes? Crisis 3 maybe. Then check to see what your clock multiplier is at? I ran my games in Windows mode so I could watch HWINFO while I gamed. Just curious how aggressive the m3 throttle is vs the i5 or I7. Also if you can describe which power setting you are using. Balanced, high performance etc...thanks so much!

Currently have the m3, its quiet fairly quick with rare chugs when I'm multitasking a lot but nothing major.
I do a lot of school, notes, video, internet, and sometimes low end gaming (wow, civ 5 etc). its nice that its fanless, and runs wow at 1600x1200 rest decently.

Will the i5 for 100 more be a better product for me, or the m3?
my concerns are if I go i5 a lose a lot of battery and always have the fan kicking on while gaming and multitasking.