What's new

SP4 pen eraser stopped working

ArtistCarl

I just upgraded to Windows 10 version 1511. Soon after, I noticed that the pen eraser stopped working as an eraser. The button still works (when paired via Bluetooth), but it fails to work as an eraser in graphics programs. It also fails to show the little tracking cursor that usually appears on screen when the eraser is held close to the screen. The pen tip works fine. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've unpaired/repaired the pen to Bluetooth, reboot several times, changed the pen battery.

Thanks

alexd88

go device manager and reenable bluethoot or take out the battery spme of those two it will work same problem here and those 2 was the solution.

OP
A

ArtistCarl

go device manager and reenable bluethoot or take out the battery spme of those two it will work same problem here and those 2 was the solution.

Of course I've tried removing/reinserting the battery multiple times. But on the 6th try, the eraser started working again! Maybe it's an issue with the contacts, or the cap not being positioned exactly right. But thanks, this worked!

maartenvda

I had this problem too, but it was fixed by changing the battery(apperently the battery that comes with the surface was as good as empty)