What's new

SP4 pro 4 won't update windows 10 version 1511

allthekings

hi there, I'm new to the forum I'm hoping someone can help!

I have a brand new SP4 (i5, 4gb, 128gb) that won't accept the above update. i keep getting the error code 0x80073712, i have tried downloading the update as a standalone update, instead of relying on the automatic downloader, and i still get the same error, as a last resort, i just tried the reset PC option which took 3 hours.. and I'm still getting the same error... I'm now at a loss, I'm hoping someone can suggest something?

OP
A

allthekings

Hi there

I tried the standalone download from the update catalog, but got the same error. if i download the recovery image for the device, does that do something different from the reset PC option?

thanks for your response! really appreciate it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there

I tried the standalone download from the update catalog, but got the same error. if i download the recovery image for the device, does that do something different from the reset PC option?

thanks for your response! really appreciate it.
Potentially if your recovery partition is corrupted... other things you can try prior is from an elevated CMD Prompt try sfc /scannow

OP
A

allthekings

I tried the scan I got this message ... (see pic)

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 616
OP
A

allthekings

ok tried that, it wouldn't find the source, so I downloaded the windows 10 iso, and point the command at that to fix the files... it said it was successful, so I ran the scnnow again, which said it was also successful.. but I'm still getting the update error :|