What's new

SP4 Settings, Control Center Freeze

Hi!

I have been having issues with my SP4 for about 3 days now. It started with my Adobe and Drawboard pdfs freezing, which is a different problem, but it progressed into my settings freezing, control panel freezing, and even Task Manager! I thought all these problems had something to do with a previous update, but I can't even access that to undo the update cause it freezes before I can even get to it. Help!

I am a college student and I do everything on this machine. It has been extremely reliable for past 3 years and really need it every day of the week.
Thanks for the help in advance.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried to un-install/reinstall the Surface Pro 4 Drivers? If you can, use the link below to download the latest drivers for your machine. Once downloaded, open the file, when prompted - remove (See picture) , reboot, then of course - reinstall. Hopefully your machine won't freeze up before you can get to this.

Capture.PNG

Link to drivers as mentioned above - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware-for-surface

Additionally - When you state - "Control Panel Freezing", "Settings Freezing" - Do you mean that ONLY these items freeze up and perhaps state "Settings is no longer responding" - OR is the computer completely freezing up and a hard reboot is required?

I would definitely try to reload the Surface Drivers as mentioned above before you reload your machine. Please let me know if this helps, or I can be of any further assistance.

Mike

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-13_10-18-58.png
    upload_2019-3-13_10-18-58.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 587