What's new

Solved SP4 Still Active In Sleep

leeshor

Sounds like a sound plan. Hello is not enabled by default. It's a way for you to sign in with facial recognition.

OP
P

Philtastic

Alright, so I left my device in sleep with Wifi on standby with Skype now installed and running. Over 10.5 hours, it drained 9% (or roughly 0.85% per hour). This is now what I expect from a connected sleep mode, and I'm quite happy that the battery is no longer vaporizing. I will now test sleep while having loads of programs open to see how well it manages that.

OP
P

Philtastic

As I slept, I had my SP4 in sleep with Edge on Facebook, the Facebook app also open, Word, Excel, OneNote, Skype, and Mail open: still using only 0.5-1% battery per hour. I think that this issue is solved for now which is a relief since I hate having to worry about whether I'll have enough battery at any given time.

macmee

As I slept, I had my SP4 in sleep with Edge on Facebook, the Facebook app also open, Word, Excel, OneNote, Skype, and Mail open: still using only 0.5-1% battery per hour. I think that this issue is solved for now which is a relief since I hate having to worry about whether I'll have enough battery at any given time.

good to hear, I didn't have any issues this morning and I'm fully updated so fingers are crossed.

D-Sport

For those of you who have had the problem, have you noticed the device was hot when you woke it up from sleep?

im having the same problem. charge my sp4 all night, open it up about mid-day and its blazing hot. the battery at that point will be more that halfway gone, dont really know whats going on....

EMINENT

For those of you who have had the problem, have you noticed the device was hot when you woke it up from sleep?

im having the same problem. charge my sp4 all night, open it up about mid-day and its blazing hot. the battery at that point will be more that halfway gone, dont really know whats going on....

That shouldn't be happening. Reset your power profile and do a restart. I too will be testing this today in a few minutes when I go to lunch. We'll see how much it has drained since I took it off charge 5 hours ago.

OP
P

Philtastic

While I had the problem, this was the case for me. I would put it to sleep before I left for work, get to work, and pull it out of my bag pretty hot with a significant chunk of battery gone.

Are you fully updated? That is what might have helped for me. The alternative reason for the problem going away was that I had a faulty unit and got it exchanged. I can't tell what the real solution was because the updates came out on the same day I did the exchange.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're going to disable Windows Hello facial recognition sign-on, or never enable it, you may as well disable the IR Camera in UEFI as well.