What's new

SP4 Type Cover arrived - does not work with SP3 Docking Station

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The magnetic hinge is fine - but a bit wider than the UAG case. I removed the protective case. Though I feel naked and vulnerable, the keyboard works great.

Is the consensus now that the SP4 keyboard cover fits ok when using the SP3 dock (keyboard cover attached, folded up and fitting in the SP3 dock with the 'ears' closed without issue), except with minor issues with the magnetic strip?

zhenya

Is the consensus now that the SP4 keyboard cover fits ok when using the SP3 dock (keyboard cover attached, folded up and fitting in the SP3 dock with the 'ears' closed without issue), except with minor issues with the magnetic strip?

It fits, but the keyboard must lay flat. It cannot snap up into the sloped position.

It fits, but the keyboard must lay flat. It cannot snap up into the sloped position.

Bah! Oh well. Used to dropping my SP3 with cover on and closed into the dock and then using it as a desktop with a separate keyboard, mouse and monitor. Think I'll stick with me SP3 cover for the moment then. Appreciate the reply & the clarification though :)

zhenya

Bah! Oh well. Used to dropping my SP3 with cover on and closed into the dock and then using it as a desktop with a separate keyboard, mouse and monitor. Think I'll stick with me SP3 cover for the moment then. Appreciate the reply & the clarification though :)

Oh, I see what you are asking. Yes, you can still dock it with the cover closed.