What's new

SP4 us version in the uk

chukwe

I'm in the uk. I see a lot of ebay sellers selling the surface pro 4 from usa at a very cheap price. Is the us version different from the uk version? warranty?

I'm in the uk. I see a lot of ebay sellers selling the surface pro 4 from usa at a very cheap price. Is the us version different from the uk version? warranty?
A very big difference is that it won't come with a 2 year EU warranty (up to 7 years in UK) and that has got to be worth a good amount to you. Other than that the machines should be identical. The only thing different with US models is the type cover will have a US arrangement rather then UK.

OP
C

chukwe

If I buying one from ebay etc, is there a serial number I can request from the seller to authenticate which country it's from?

Mike007

I bought my SP4 i7 version from an eBay seller and it was listed as an import, but was located in the UK so I had no duties to pay. Saved about £400 over the retail cost.

Another good thing was, when I registered it with Microsoft, it says I have warranty and support until 2018.

A couple of years ago I bought a SP2 from a UK store and registered that, it only gave me a years warranty.

OP
C

chukwe

I bought my SP4 i7 version from an eBay seller and it was listed as an import, but was located in the UK so I had no duties to pay. Saved about £400 over the retail cost.

Another good thing was, when I registered it with Microsoft, it says I have warranty and support until 2018.

A couple of years ago I bought a SP2 from a UK store and registered that, it only gave me a years warranty.

Wow. Thanks a lot. Do you know the sellers name\link?

Last edited:

Zkyevolved

They're identical machines. Only things to keeping into account is:
  • Cost of import duties
  • You'll only get 1 year warranty, at most.