What's new

SP4 + Wacom Intuos pro + second monitor

bmccue

Has anyone tried this? Sp4 is my only computer and sometimes I work in my home office using an external monitor where I put reference photos and some tool/ option windows from Corel Painter/ Photoshop. That leaves me more painting space on the sp4. It's still cramped and I'd like some more drawing space when in that setting. The sp4 would just run the programs and intuos tablet, I would have the canvas on the external and would still have room for reference photos and option windows. I'd like to hear some success stories before spending $500 on an intuos pro to find out it doesn't jive with the surface pen drivers. Google came up with a result or 2 but not enough to convince me it's not a gamble. If I bought it and it didn't work out well it would cost me another grand for a desktop pc.
Thanks

Last edited:

fivetoedsloth

I am using an Intuos 4 with the Surface Pro 2017 with no trouble. The cheaper Intuos pen and touch also works. Not sure about the newer intuos tablets, but don't they all use the same drivers? I have only 1 set of Wacom drivers for both drawing tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fivetoedsloth

I have worked both ways, with canvas on both monitors, and have not noticed any issues in my relatively short time of owning this Surface Pro 2017 (a few weeks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro