What's new

SP4 Wifi Problem.

saiten21

i am wondering if any one can help me out? I like my SP4 but i bought it primarily to use at work, however it will not connect to works wifi and its not as if its a fancy network hotspot. Its a simpple wifi connection used for staff and visitors, it only even uses wpa2 - personel /aes security protocol.

I have tried all sorts; Reinstalling the drivers, restarting the surface, releasing and renewing IP, manually adding the connection and none of that worked.

I have also asked IT about the connection and they have advised there is minimal security features on the connection, more importantly they don't use mac address filtering.

It is only at my work place so far, my home and mobile hot spot are fine.

Could any one give me any clues what to try next? i fear if i can't get it to access the work network i may have to take it back.

Thanks for your help in advance

leeshor

Are there any spaces or special characters in the SSID or password? Have they restarted it lately?

OP
S

saiten21

Hi Leeshor thanks for your reply, it doesn't have any special characters, all lower case letters. And the system was restarted a few weeks back.

leeshor

I think there must be an issue with that router and the chipset used by your Surface. The big problem is that you don't have direct control over it. However, there is a solution and it doesn't cost much. It may also come in handy in the future. There are dozens of inexpensive travel routers out that that can either act as a WiFi bridge or can connect to the network via CAT5/6 cable and act as your local WiFi hotspot