What's new

Speak to Type

MickeyLittle

This may not be possible for what I want to do but I'd like to be able to say a thought or idea while driving and have my tablet type it so that when I get to my destination I would have printed test of all the ideas that I had on my ride.

I know I can record my voice but that is not how I want to do it.

malberttoo

This may not be possible for what I want to do but I'd like to be able to say a thought or idea while driving and have my tablet type it so that when I get to my destination I would have printed test of all the ideas that I had on my ride.

I'm not trying to derail your original idea, but I think this would be far easier to do on your smartphone. For example, I do this exact thing on my iPhone 6- open then Notes app, tap the mic button, start talking. I then sent the notes to myself in an email, or can export them to Dropbox, OneDrive, etc where they would then show up on my SP3.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I'm not trying to derail your original idea, but I think this would be far easier to do on your smartphone. For example, I do this exact thing on my iPhone 6- open then Notes app, tap the mic button, start talking. I then sent the notes to myself in an email, or can export them to Dropbox, OneDrive, etc where they would then show up on my SP3.

I'll give that a shot as that sounds mighty easy!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
With Windows 10 on the PC or Windows Phone 8.1 or later you can use this phrase: "Hey Cortana - new voice note" then follow the prompts.... the note will be saved in your Quick Notes Notebook in OneNote....

Fazer Rider

Hi there,

There is a program called Dragon speech that does the job. I noticed the program more than 5 years ago, quite a lot Occupational Health Physicians used that program to dictate their findings and reports. Worked very well.

Latest version seems to be Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13. http://www.spraakherkenning.nl/informatie/dragon/medical (Dutch link)