What's new

Speech recognition

Tsurugaya

I have used Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 on my laptop for a few years. Now that I got a SP3 I bought version 13 and it works fantastically well on that device. So far, limited to one day, I have actually achieved almost 100% accuracy, it even correctly recognized boarder instead of the more common border. Now I just wish I could use my phone for input instead of a headset, looks kind of arrogant in a Starbucks.

Arizona Willie

I have used, or tried to use, several versions of DNS.

On my desktop they all suck. The more I train them the worse it gets.

But on my Surface Pro I DNS works very well to my great surprise!!! :)

I can use the built in mic and DNS does a pretty darn good job.

But I will never buy another version. Never say never but I say never :(
With every version they claim it is so much better but not for me. Maybe it's my voice or the sound card in the desktop but I have never had much luck with it EXCEPT ON THE SURFACE PRO. There it actually works pretty well.
================

I have used Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 on my laptop for a few years. Now that I got a SP3 I bought version 13 and it works fantastically well on that device. So far, limited to one day, I have actually achieved almost 100% accuracy, it even correctly recognized boarder instead of the more common border. Now I just wish I could use my phone for input instead of a headset, looks kind of arrogant in a Starbucks.

OP
T

Tsurugaya

I use a USB mic, makes quite a difference compared with a 3.5 mm jack headset. Back when I ran 11 I also tried it with a built-in mic with horrible results.
I'll give it a try and see what happens.