What's new

Splashtop 2: Realtime Remote Desktop, Fluid Streaming video and x86 games

Trovahead

Splashtop blows away the competition imho. I found it to be much easier to use overall. For streaming music and video at home, MediaMonkey is the way to go.

OP
J

jdtimothy

How did you get the xbox controller to work through splashtop. it doesn't seem to work for me.

Plug the Xbox controller into your pc that is running the game. Since splashtop is only stream audio and video over, the xbox controller needs to be attached to the computer.

udubdave

Wow this is great! I'm only running Windows 7 Home on my desktop so I can't use regular RDP on my Surface RT, but this works. Awesome!

FFX

Is Allen Wake really fluid? Even the main start screen from my desktop is sluggish, on the RT.

irischcoffee

Plug the Xbox controller into your pc that is running the game. Since splashtop is only stream audio and video over, the xbox controller needs to be attached to the computer.

hey,
i just registered here to post that question ;)

have you tried plugging the xbox controller in the surface and then play?
i know its possible to play with a controller on the asus transformer using a version of splasthop.

it would be really nice if you can try that for me, because im looking into buying an surface rt in favour of my ipad.

J515OP

Super Moderator
hey,
i just registered here to post that question ;)

have you tried plugging the xbox controller in the surface and then play?
i know its possible to play with a controller on the asus transformer using a version of splasthop.

it would be really nice if you can try that for me, because im looking into buying an surface rt in favour of my ipad.

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can plugin the xbox controller and play. You should check out the games section Microsoft Surface Games for more info.

irischcoffee

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can plugin the xbox controller and play. You should check out the games section Microsoft Surface Games for more info.

Thanks for the welcome.

let me refrase my question. i was asking if you can play with the controller attached to the surface though splashtop.
for my usecase i cannot use a controller connected to the pc and play on the surface.