What's new

splashtop

kundas1

To all the people that have the Surface 2, are you having trouble viewing splashtop clearly? When I connect to my PC's it's blurry, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my display drivers acting wonky. all my other tablets have never been blurry (since they aren't 1080p) and since the Surface 2 is 1080p maybe splashtop can't handle it? anyone else experiencing this?

EMINENT

No problem here. Splashtop works fantastically.

Have you tried going to edit your computer settings on the client? I have it set for native resolution.

EMINENT

Splashtop streamer is for the pc. The settings you want to do is on the client for the Surface 2.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

because Remote Desktop is slower than splashtop, I tried both, when I view movies they are choppy on remote desktop.

Last edited:

EMINENT

Slashtop has a setting to allow no screen lock. I sometimes do screen recording and remote desktop doesn't allow this and the recordings are black while in session.

ctyldsley

You're not alone, I get this exact issue. Regardless of Native Resolution or 'Best resolution' option, both are blurry. My PC monitor is standard 1920x1080. This is with the Surface 2. Never had any issues with my iPad and used Splashtop regularly.

EMINENT

You're not alone, I get this exact issue. Regardless of Native Resolution or 'Best resolution' option, both are blurry. My PC monitor is standard 1920x1080. This is with the Surface 2. Never had any issues with my iPad and used Splashtop regularly.

Mine is crystal clear and I can watch an hd film no problem. Even remoting in from my hotspot on my phone at work, so there must be something out of wack.

We can rule out the Surface unless you have a bad wifi card not letting you get the bandwidth.

Last edited: