What's new

splashtop

ctyldsley

Can u take a pic of this said "setting" because I can't find it lol

To get to the setting hold your finger on your PC and pull up/down. You should see a blue box selection around the PC, then a green bar will appear from the bottom with an 'edit' button in the bottom right corner. If you hit that you can change the resolution option - best fit for this device, or native resolution. Let me know if this solves your problem, for me it was still blurry! I'll have another play around tonight and report back.

For what it's worth, when connecting my Surface to a TV (1080p) and then running splashtop the display was perfectly sharp. So it only seems to be an issue when being displayed on the Surface's screen itself.

SeanOng

I had the same problem with my Surface 2 also. When I had my Surface RT - splashtop was crystal clear. But extremely blurry on my Surface 2 - no matter what resolution I played with on my "main" computer. My solution was to actually change the resolution on my Surface 2! After that, things were crystal clear. Make sure to restart splashtop after any resolution changes - I noticed that it does weird stuff if you don't. I'd be happy to elaborate more, if needed.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Hey Sean! It's great to see you here! luv your vids you made on YouTube! I'll DEf try your tip, thanks

EMINENT

I had the same problem with my Surface 2 also. When I had my Surface RT - splashtop was crystal clear. But extremely blurry on my Surface 2 - no matter what resolution I played with on my "main" computer. My solution was to actually change the resolution on my Surface 2! After that, things were crystal clear. Make sure to restart splashtop after any resolution changes - I noticed that it does weird stuff if you don't. I'd be happy to elaborate more, if needed.

Interesting. I think that may be what's happening. I have mine set to "smaller" in the display settings instead of default. This setting also allows the ability to snap 3 apps.

ctyldsley

That does seem to fix it as it forces your computer's display to change resolution when the Surface 2 connects. They need to update this, if anyone can get in touch with Splashtop that'd be great! I'll be leaving my review stating this issue.