What's new

spot the Surface!

Nuspieds

Surfaces all over the place in the Patriots - Ravens playoff game. Near the beginning of the game they used a surface to show some video, BUT it was all pixelated and choppy. Very poor quality that could not have impressed anyone. Too bad.

They were all using a very cool heavy duty blue cover with a hand strap. Never seen that before.
They've been using them since the very beginning of the season--including the pre-season games. Here's a recent article on their usage:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/9/7359503/microsoft-surface-nfl-demo-hands-on

john.calixte

They've been using them since the very beginning of the season--including the pre-season games. Here's a recent article on their usage:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/9/7359503/microsoft-surface-nfl-demo-hands-on

Yeah I'd seen the Surfaces on NFL before. My point was intended to be more about the really poor video quality on the surface when they used if for some video analysis. I know the surface performs better than that.

But the MS marketeers made a nice recovery a little later when they showed cranky old Bill Belichick using a surface on the sidelines. That should've got the attention of all the grey-hairs thinking of buying a surface.

leeshor

MasterChef, (kids) last night, every kid had to use Skype on a Surface Pro to call a loved one for advice. Yes, I have that on in the background.

TunaSurface

Surface spotted in the pilot episode of Daredevil (Now streaming on Netflix ;)).
Näyttökuva (179).png
Näyttökuva (181).png

kundas1

yea I am happy to see that MS surface tablets are surfacing (pun intended) everywhere! they're are in almost every show that I watch.. its a nice change to see instead of the other fruit variety...

CrippsCorner

Yeah if you based computing usage on TV it would be something like 75% Apple 25% Microsoft which is crazy! Luckily, they're starting to pull back :) saw a Surface 2 on some scientist programme the other day... doing real work.

Turbo4AWD

The new Mission Impossible movie has tons of Surface tablets in it too! I was really excited to see it show up there instead of iPads! Get some real work done on a Surface....iPad has to be "made for mobile" before you can access anything.

kristalsoldier

The new Mission Impossible movie has tons of Surface tablets in it too! I was really excited to see it show up there instead of iPads! Get some real work done on a Surface....iPad has to be "made for mobile" before you can access anything.

Which one is this?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really tv related, but i've noticed that surface pro's are the go to floor device in morrisons supermarkets. They use them as tablets in a case that has an elastic band across the back for your hand.