What's new

Solved SPro 3 connected to wifi, but no internet. Please help.

Fdzikrii

Hi everyone. I'm recently purchased a Surface Pro 3, been using it for weeks, it works perfectly fine.

Today i was browsing via Edge using my friend wifi router. It works just as always, but suddenly the connection drop. (The wifi works fine though, another device connected to this wifi still connect to the net, except mine). Wifi signal is strong and connected, but i can't reach the internet, even with another browser.

I also tried switching to connect via tethering hotspot from my phone, but the issue still the same. Connected to the wifi but can't reach any website. I don't know why, it happened all of sudden.

(When i click the wifi logo on the taskbar, it says "Connected, secured", but when i hover my pointer to the wifi logo it says "Not connected - Connections are available")

I've tried to uncheck the IPv6 box in the "change adapter settings", restart the windows several times, but nothing changed.

If anyone knows why, please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Are you getting errors other than you can't connect?
Have you tied another WiFi router?
Have you used any VPN software?

I removed your duplicate post.

OP
Fdzikrii

Fdzikrii

Welcome to the forum

Are you getting errors other than you can't connect?
Have you tied another WiFi router?
Have you used any VPN software?

I removed your duplicate post.

No, connection is my only issue.

Haven't tried yet. There's no other wifi router around, so i just tried my phone hotspot :(

Yes, i used Zenmate, but it only in Firefox and had been disabled. When the issue came up, i only use Edge for googling and youtube streaming.

Sorry for the duplicated post. Must be my slow internet problem.

leeshor

Open a command prompt and type the following "ping 8.8.8.8" without the quotes and report back the results.

OP
Fdzikrii

Fdzikrii

Open a command prompt and type the following "ping 8.8.8.8" without the quotes and report back the results.

It said "Packets: Sent=4, Received=0, Lost=4 (100% loss)"

By the way, i also tried to change the IPv4 manual DNS into 8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4. But still can't connect :(

leeshor

That says it isn't a DNS problem. You could try restarting the WiFi router or check for updates of the router firmware. I don't trust the phone as a test. You should find a public hotspot somewhere. They are configured very plain.

OP
Fdzikrii

Fdzikrii

That says it isn't a DNS problem. You could try restarting the WiFi router or check for updates of the router firmware. I don't trust the phone as a test. You should find a public hotspot somewhere. They are configured very plain.

I've tried public hotspot at my campus library. Still not working.

Then I tried uninstall any programs that I thought would affect my connection. Turned out I have JumpStart installed, so I uninstalled it and restarted my pc. After that everything works back to normal again :)

Thanks for your help btw!