What's new

SPX with XP Pen Graphics Tablet

Asprilla500

Has anyone used an XP Pen Graphics Tablet with the SPX?

Working from home I'm doing a lot of white board sessions on Teams using Teams on whiteboard and Miro. Having the SPX with slim pen is great when I'm not on a call or travelling, but it's not great when I'm using the camera for the call and working on a larger external monitor. So, I was thinking about getting a graphics tablet to have at my desk.

However, I'm a bit worried about drivers. I don't want to spend Wacom money and I don't want to go cheap so the XP Pen options, specifically the Deco Pro, look good. I've emailed their support and asked on their forum but no responses yet. I don't suppose anyone here has any experience do they?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Check out this way to improve your grip on a thin pen.

OP
A

Asprilla500

Thanks. I don't really have an issue with the pen size. Me question is whether anyone is successfully using a graphics tablet with an SPX.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool and all, no idea if it would work, oh wait, I seem to recall drivers must be native ARM code so you're probably out of luck on this. You may have better luck finding a different webcam that has ARM Drivers but in a quick search I was not successful in verifying that. Given the Mac M1 computers there may be some hope.

Specifically ARM64 drivers for Windows 10 on ARM.

Update: A Camera may be supported via USB UVC (USB Video Class) driver. still looking for confirmation of working external webcam on SPX.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I had the same issue, I use my Android phone for voice and video, then add my Pro X to the call for app sharing and Whiteboard...didn't have to add any additional device into the mix...

BTW, I didn't find any ARM64 drivers for their devices

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did find someone with a USB webcam working on the SPX using USB UVC. Just need to make sure it supports UVC. My old Lifecam didn't work but it's probably 12 or more years old.

Multiple people reporting their USB webcams are working.

Last edited: