What's new

Squeak

joga

Hi,

my surface started to squeak at the left back side. It seems like the back site is releasing and when i hold it in my hands it starts to squeak.

Does anyone else have this issue?

joga
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

OP
J

joga

Aw: Squeak

No, i life in Germany. No Microsoft Stores in my area.

This is very annoying. Seems like i don't have luck.

My current Surface is already a replacement. My first one was replaced because the MS logos was blurred.
Now the logo is fine, but the replacement Surface starts to squeak.

I will have to call the MS support again.

joga

J515OP

Super Moderator
I'm not saying you don't have an issue but look hard enough and you are sure to find a flaw in any device. Sometimes replacing it just means getting a unit with a different issue. You have to ask yourself if the issue is reasonable and something you can live with or you may need to exchange a few times to find that perfect unit for you. Maybe it is a bit of bad luck but it could always be worse, you could have magnets coming out of the bottom or dead pixels. Just something to keep in mind when running through the replacement cycle looking for the perfect device.

OP
J

joga

Aw: Squeak

I can life some time with Sofware bugs and performance issues on a new device.
This can be fixed with a few updates.

Squeaks, scratches, glazing logos cant be replaced by a software update. For me this kind of defects decreases the value of a few days old device. The Surface is to expensive to not deliver the best possible user experience, including the feel.

Perfect, this is one of the words that MS used a lot when talking about the surface. They now need to stay up on this.

joga

R0bR

If it's one thing I cannot tolerate is squeaks form anything. I spent days bringing my new car back to my dealer until they eliminated a squeak from somewhere in the car. If my Surface squeaked when I used it I would replace it no question.

J515OP

Super Moderator
If it's one thing I cannot tolerate is squeaks form anything. I spent days bringing my new car back to my dealer until they eliminated a squeak from somewhere in the car. If my Surface squeaked when I used it I would replace it no question.

I have one of those very same squeaks in my car at the moment and have been trying to locate the source to take it back for repair. Definitely a personal decision for what is tolerable in any given case. At the end of the day you will probably get just the tablet you are looking for if you stick with it but it isn't uncommon to go through a few devices to find one that is perfect to anybody's particular standards (or just outright unluckyness). Just something to keep in mind when hanging in there through issues, like returning to the dealer many days in a row.