What's new

Standard charger with Surface pro 4

OP
J

jerry2020

Maybe it was a promo during the initial launch period. Charging the 2 batteries in the SB with the original charger takes a lifetime. I am surprised it's not standard. Quite frankly I thought it would be. Was surprised when I was told it was an option but very glad I asked. If it took that long to charge and I thought I had the 65 watt I would have thought the charger was a piece of junk.

as far as determining which charger you have there is a significant physical difference. The 27/36 watt charger is about 2x1.5x1. the 65 watt (I'm guessing) is 3x1.5x1. Longer and slightly wider. which makes sense.

dcoplien

as far as determining which charger you have there is a significant physical difference. The 27/36 watt charger is about 2x1.5x1. the 65 watt (I'm guessing) is 3x1.5x1. Longer and slightly wider. which makes sense.
I know which charger I have,

compnovo

All of the SBs we bought in November and December that had the dGPU came with the 65W PSU, the i5 w/o dGPU came with the SP4 30W.
I just compared the power supplies that came with my SP3 and base model SB, and they're both model 1625 35W (I can't find the wattage noted on the devices, that number came from doing some online research).