gabe406

Ok, here is a quick update:

12/5-Registered for repair on MS Support site for SP1
12/6-Shipped SP1 to support center
12/11-SP1 received by support center
12/13-Status changed to "Received and processing"
12/15-Status changed "Service center is processing" and received email:

"We have received your device.

Your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and processed. Your replacement item will ship within the next 2 business days. ."

gabe406

YEAH! "Product shipped to customer"

I hope before the end of this week!!!

Just got tracking number with Fed Ex overnight. Maybe tomorrow!

Last edited:
OP
J

joshyoon

Mine is also "Product Shipped to Customer" With fedex overnight. I have a feeling im getting a new one not a refurb. Hopefully. Ill be getting it tommorow, so we'll see.

gabe406

Mine is also "Product Shipped to Customer" With fedex overnight. I have a feeling im getting a new one not a refurb. Hopefully. Ill be getting it tommorow, so we'll see.

Sounds good. I was curious to ask how you might have a feeling that it will be new? Because I would love to get a new one too. Right now it's out for delivery but we have a snow storm here so it may delay it. As soon as it comes in I will update the post on what I got back. Good luck to you too.

One other thing that came to my mind. I can only assume that our replacements will have Windows 8 recovery partitions as opposed to Windows 8.1 recovery partitions. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Did you guys get a confirmation email when you signed up for this? I've just made my own thread about this where basically nothing has happened...

I'm not sure if the website crashed at the final point. When I log in to check the service status it shows that nothing's being processed
frown.png

gabe406

Kayzee,

I received one email after processing my service request then I received another email a few days after they had received it. The last email I got was that it was processed and shipped out. The status on the website seems to update very rarely. From what I have experienced there are 4 updates:

1. They have accepted the case and await arrival of the unit
2. They have received the unit at the service center
3. They are processing the request
4. They have shipped the unit

This whole process started on 12/5 and hopefully on 12/17 I will receive the unit. The longest period of time is the ground shipping which I think was 5 days. Hope that helps?

gabe406

Ok, so here are my results. Got the replacement, but not from Texas where I sent but from Tennessee. And the replacement they sent me was definitely refurbished. The good thing is the screen is immaculate and in perfect condition with not a single scratch or dust on it. The bad is that the outside and back definitely show signs of wear. Its too cold to turn on now, but I am regretting going through this service as opposed to going straight to the MS store. Oh well, I will see what happens after I turn it on. Good luck to the rest of you as to what you get back. I would be interested in hearing how it goes.

P.S. When going back to the myservice.sufacesupport.com it shows "service unavailable please contact support". In other words at this point I would have to call for support on this replacement as opposed to using the site.

OP
J

joshyoon

Mine is out for delievery, will get it soon today. Mine was also coming from tennesee. May i ask, was it in a original box or just the tablet, How was the packaing it came in? and how bad are the scratches?

gabe406

Mine is out for delievery, will get it soon today. Mine was also coming from tennesee. May i ask, was it in a original box or just the tablet, How was the packaing it came in? and how bad are the scratches?

It came in a plain brown thin box that was slightly larger than the SP itself. Inside the box it was lined with a foam type material around the boarder and inside was a white soft cushion plastic bag with a soft fabric type lining. The scratches are on the back and mine vary from some that are 1 to 2 inches long. There is are wear on the underside corners to a point were a small area of bare metal is exposed. For now I guess its not that bad. Based on the slight wear in the back I may not protect it.

OP
J

joshyoon

Mine arrived. everything but the screen is FLAWLESS. Just two very light light scratches on top of the screen. Barely noticeable, so i guess its a keeper.

CrippsCorner

Kayzee,

I received one email after processing my service request then I received another email a few days after they had received it. The last email I got was that it was processed and shipped out. The status on the website seems to update very rarely. From what I have experienced there are 4 updates:

1. They have accepted the case and await arrival of the unit
2. They have received the unit at the service center
3. They are processing the request
4. They have shipped the unit

This whole process started on 12/5 and hopefully on 12/17 I will receive the unit. The longest period of time is the ground shipping which I think was 5 days. Hope that helps?

Thanks for your reply.

It sucks to read that the refurbished units aren't perfect :( as mine basically is (bar one tiny scratch on the kickstand) when I done an iPhone exchange it looked brand new. I wonder if you can reject one if it's not up to your standard?