What's new

Start button not working

Darkhell

My start button randomly stopped working and now only vibrates but doesn't take me back to the start screen and cant find any information on how to fix this.

TeknoBlast

This kind of happens to me whenever I attach the type cover backwards when using in tablet mode. When I detach the cover, the start button works again. Never found a solution though.

Last edited:

oion

I'm going to guess that, while useful (especially for the Type keyboard), this method of putting the keyboard on backwards is "not operating under normal parameters." Theoretically MS wants you to just fold it back directly because that's faster than removing and flipping around, but the hybrids that do that with moving keys--doesn't feel right. I wonder if the 2nd gens will continue to expect this behavior too.

OP
D

Darkhell

It was on properly I just disconnected it and reconnected it, its been sitting on a stand with the keyboard folded back for awhile.

Crimson Idol 8

This kind of happens to me whenever I attach the type cover backwards when using in tablet mode. When I detach the cover, the start button works again. Never found a solution though.
Hi. I just tested this out on my Pro, running 8.1, both the Start button and volume rocker continue to work with either the touch or type cover attached backwards.

Don't know if it's a length of time attached thing and will eventually stop working, but FYI. :)

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

Hi. I just tested this out on my Pro, running 8.1, both the Start button and volume rocker continue to work with either the touch or type cover attached backwards.

Don't know if it's a length of time attached thing and will eventually stop working, but FYI. :)

Yeah, it's not all the time for me, it's most at random. There are days when I have the cover backwards and the Start button doesn't work but only vibrates.....but then other days there's no affect and works just fine. So moments like this when the button is not working, I just do a right swipe and use the on screen start button.