What's new

Start OneNote Desktop w/ pen click w/o new page

Ph33zy

I have setup OneNote Desktop to be my default app for the pen click. Is there a way to make so it opens up to your most recent page rather than open a new page? I think the metro version already does this.

SaddleSC

I am looking forward to seeing the responses to this question, because I was wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if there is a way to choose the default pen size/color when you use the pen click? Mine always opens a new page with a super thin black pen. I would prefer a medium blue.

Thanks

Mikeyqp

How did you set up one note desktop for the pen click?

And is there any way to get that option wheel from the modern app back?

jedge

I have setup OneNote Desktop to be my default app for the pen click. Is there a way to make so it opens up to your most recent page rather than open a new page? I think the metro version already does this.

Short answer: no. The only built-in option for customizing the pen is choosing between Metro OneNote or Office 2013 OneNote (if you have it installed).
Long answer: yes. But as you probably guessed, you have to download additional software.
Here is a link: EventGhost
And a YouTube video showing what you can do:
[video=youtube;Qn-pqWIQKpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn-pqWIQKpk[/video]

Last edited:

mcsenerd

I don't have the option to default to the desktop version of OneNote on my SP3. Does anyone know how to enable that option? I've done all updates and still nothing, and by reading a comment on the blog listed here, it doesn't look like I'm the only one in this boat...

OP
P

Ph33zy

i had to uninstall the version I had and go to Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices and download that version. Keep in mind that if you already have the 64-bit version of Office 2013 installed, then you must choose to download "other version" of One Note desktop (the site will download 32-Bit by default). The 32-Bit is free, but since you already have the 64-Bit Office installed, it will use your current license.
Once you install the version from Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices, go to file->account->office update. Finally, go to file->option->advanced->set as default.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have not found a way to switch it to OneNote desktop version. I would love to.

Are you running the Click2Run Version? If so do a manual update, then make the Modern UI version the default and then launch the desktop OneNote and when asks if you want to make that the default say yes and it should work...

ctitanic

Are you running the Click2Run Version? If so do a manual update, then make the Modern UI version the default and then launch the desktop OneNote and when asks if you want to make that the default say yes and it should work...

I don't have an option for a manual update! I'm using Office 2013 Pro.