What's new

Steve Ballmer: Calls Apple a 'Low-Volume Player' In Mobile

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
bgr-microsoft-surface-rt-4.jpeg

Microsoft (MSFT) has a lot riding on the success of Windows 8. And public’s reception of the Surface, the company’s first piece of Windows hardware, could dictate Microsoft’s future as it shifts to a position more closely resembling that of rival Apple (AAPL) — one where it can more closely control every aspect of the hardware and software it produces. According to a recent Wall Street Journal interview with Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, however, Microsoft’s Windows 8 and Surface launches weren’t anything spectacular.

When asked by the Journal’s Shira Ovide how the public received Windows 8 and the Surface tablet after their first few days of availability, Ballmer is quoted as having said, “Numerically there’s not really much that’s interesting to report.”

Ballmer continued, “If you were to call the retailers, they would say, ‘Hey, off to a very good start.’ We’re out of stock a lot of places on touch [screen] machines. I was at a dinner in San Francisco last week, and I brought out this beautiful, very thin [touch-screen] laptop, and they said, ‘Wow, I never thought touch could be valuable and important in a laptop.’ “

Continue Reading @: Surface Sales 2012: Ballmer says nothing ‘interesting to report’ | BGR

surface_fan

“Numerically there’s not really much that’s interesting to report.”

Allow me to translate: "We have nothing to brag about numbers wise. We are better off keeping it secret."

The general rule is...if you have to ask...eeek! Not good. :(