What's new

Stickerboys

Mikeyqp

For those interested in Stickerboy protection, they are now available for order!

"Pre-order special using promo code MSP3
25% off & free upgrade to Priority from first class shipping for domestic orders
offer ends June 30th"

Stickerboy ? Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Skin Series

Which one will you get and why?

I'm purchasing the black leather! I like the feel. I only wanted the back and sides, but apparently they dont offer that combination, only sold separately. So I guess combo 1 (back, sides, and front) for me! Can anyone recommend a particular style from experience?

EMINENT

I've had their black carbon fiber on my old Surface Pro 1 and liked it a lot.

This time, I went with ArmorSuit because Stickerboy isn't offering a clear solution. I didn't want to block the "Surface" branding on the kickstand with a sticker this time and the finish is quite nice to the touch on my Surface 2. It'd be nice if they made these with a cutout for the branding or have it branded on the sticker of the kickstand.

I might just not even put it on and go naked and return the Armorsuit.

OP
M

Mikeyqp

I had the black leather on my asus laptop, I liked how sleek, conservative (it blocked the asus logo, looked very low profile), simple and still looked very modern. Got a lot of compliments because of it.

Also, I noticed you can get a stickerboy boy for your type cover? Why do I feel like it won't adhere that well, and given a short period of time, will peel off prematurely?

jedge

Silver - Brushed Aluminum for me. :wink:

I'm thinking some of these would look, for lack of a better word, hideous. Like the wood ones. Would that look stupid on a tablet? Are there any brick-and-mortar stores that sell these where you can see what it looks like before buying.

CrippsCorner

Pretty sure there's someone on here that has the wood effect! Looks... okay, I guess lol, if you're into that sort of thing.

Me, I'd rather have a scratch than a sticker!

jedge

Scratches add character. :p

Then again, i wonder if some day in the far future these will become highly collectible treasures? Who would have thought a $3 action figure on a piece of cardboard in 1978 would someday be worth thousands? It could happen. These could be in a museum someday behind a plaque that reads "The device that bankrupted Apple". :big smile:

I kid, i love my iPad 4th... and my Droid DNA.

I had used a Bodyguardz on my SP2. I placed an order with Armorsuit but cannot seem to log into their web page to check the order stauts. I have sent 2 email messages and called (only got voice mail) with no response. I am consdiering a cancel and going with Stickerboys. Thoughts?

OP
M

Mikeyqp

The wood pic was from here.

Went with black leather and black matte antibacterial for my own family's SP2s, here (same thread)

Hmm that black matte looks really good. It looks more natural with the sp2 (vs the black leather, which is the one I ordered).

But there is no real protection on the edges are there?

EMINENT

I had used a Bodyguardz on my SP2. I placed an order with Armorsuit but cannot seem to log into their web page to check the order stauts. I have sent 2 email messages and called (only got voice mail) with no response. I am consdiering a cancel and going with Stickerboys. Thoughts?

Order from Amazon. It's cheaper.

CrippsCorner

Scratch? As in physical damage? Lol or is that a type of skin/case?

:p it's just personal preference but I can't stand stickers on my tech. Owned so many phones, computers etc. and have never covered anything up... especially these days, iPhone & Surface just look so good au naturale!