What's new

STILL no facebook and twitter official apps

badham21

Why is this? I have Facebook touch. But an official Facebook app would be far better. And as for twitter, I can't find a working app for the RT anywhere

ontulmora

I think this is because the tablet uses Internet explorer and you can get the actual facebook webpage instead of an APP that would probably be missing some features. If you pin Facebook to the start screen it works the same way. You could also check out Feed for Facebook, its a nice little App that uses a different type of interface than most people are used to seeing, but it works great.

Mr.Dan

try Facebook + lite ... fastest client imo.. for reading only; i kinda like Facebook lite (without +) .. thats a different app... little bit clunky, but with more options

for Twitter i use gleek, if you are willing to pay, try out Tweetro+

I think people get way too caught up with needing an APP for something web based. Sure if you have a phone and want to use Facebook, an APP would be great as it would be optimized for a small display. But the Surface has one of the largest displays on the market and one of the best web browsers, so why would we want to be limited to an APP when we can have the fully functional browser version? Especially when, like ontulmora stated, you can just pin it to the start page. I for one am much more excited when an APP comes out that there is no web page for it. All that being said, Facebook touch is a pretty good experience, but I used my pinned version alot more.

FFX

What's wrong with the People App? It's syncs facebook, twitter, skype more and more..

Sin

I use IE for Facebook as I haven't found a decent app yet. I use Tweetro+ for Twitter, which works very well. As for official clients, need to ask Facebook and Twitter on that.

ArnoldC

What's wrong with the People App? It's syncs facebook, twitter, skype more and more..

It doesn't support Events, you can't post to a Group or manage a Group, can't post to a Page or manage a Page, are the most critical. Having said that, NONE of the Facebook-client wannabee can also do that. So, I don't bother.

pwaggs

Why is this? I have Facebook touch. But an official Facebook app would be far better. And as for twitter, I can't find a working app for the RT anywhere

Tweetro+

Love it. I did have to pay after twitter changed their token policy. Well worth the money.

R0bR

There's a new Twitter App from the developer of Gleek that is getting great reviews called Fantweestic! The same issue exists on Windows Phone, although there is a Twitter App there are much better alternatives. Facebook never released an App for Windows Phone, the one available was made by Microsoft.

FFX

It doesn't support Events, you can't post to a Group or manage a Group, can't post to a Page or manage a Page, are the most critical. Having said that, NONE of the Facebook-client wannabee can also do that. So, I don't bother.

I still find it usefull, you see all your notifications one you "tile". And you get a summary of the messagas. And if you "click" on a notification it prompts you to the real facebook site, and to the notification. (And if you've auto login it's a fast switch)