What's new

Still waiting on delivery - Free my Laptop!!

Dalma

It is simply amazing how poor customer service can turn a very exciting purchase into a very negative one.

I pre-ordered a Surface Laptop and was very excited when Microsoft shipped it before the 06/15 date and even went as far as to air freight it across the continent. As I ordered it from Microsoft Canada and it shipped from Kentucky it has to clear Canadian Customs. As this this moment it has been sitting waiting for documentation from Microsoft to clear customs for 103 hours. My laptop has been sitting in a warehouse less than 15 miles from where I sit for the past four days.

What could possibly take over 100 hours to complete the required documentation? Microsoft must ship ten's of thousands of items to Canadian customers each month.

Is anyone else stuck in the same situation.

convergent

Completely different situation with me, but probably the same cause. I doubt your problem is customs.

I pre-ordered a Surface Pro the day of announcement with the type cover, and then the pen when it showed up for pre-order. I received on June 15th the type cover and pen, and still haven't received the Surface Pro. I was charged, then the charge disappeared, then today Amex fraud alert flagged a new attempt. It took numerous call attempts to talk to someone, eventually asked for a manager. They opened a ticket and said I'll be hearing from them. Thankfully on June 16th I went to the brick and mortar Microsoft Store and bought one, with the plan to return the other if I ever receive it.

My opinion is that the Microsoft Online store is terrible and I don't intend to ever order from them gain... the brick and mortar store is great and I will only buy there or some third party like Best Buy in the future.

Exhile

It is simply amazing how poor customer service can turn a very exciting purchase into a very negative one.

I pre-ordered a Surface Laptop and was very excited when Microsoft shipped it before the 06/15 date and even went as far as to air freight it across the continent. As I ordered it from Microsoft Canada and it shipped from Kentucky it has to clear Canadian Customs. As this this moment it has been sitting waiting for documentation from Microsoft to clear customs for 103 hours. My laptop has been sitting in a warehouse less than 15 miles from where I sit for the past four days.

What could possibly take over 100 hours to complete the required documentation? Microsoft must ship ten's of thousands of items to Canadian customers each month.

Is anyone else stuck in the same situation.
I had to pay a cross border duty tax to get goods from the US to Canada. I wonder if your situation is similar to mine or will Microsoft pay for the duty tax.

OP
D

Dalma

Mine was actually ordered from Microsoft Canada, they are doing the importation. I often order products directly from US vendors and know the importation process well.

OP
D

Dalma

I wish that I had simply waited and walked into a retail store, there are serveral near me that have one sitting on the shelf. Live and learn I guess.

convergent

I wish that I had simply waited and walked into a retail store, there are serveral near me that have one sitting on the shelf. Live and learn I guess.

Does Microsoft do free returns there too? They do in the US, and that is why I stopped the madness and went to the store and bought one. Still haven't received the one I ordered online.

OP
D

Dalma

After contacting the president of Microsoft Canada yesterday the correct people are now working on the case. I have confirmation that some paperwork was missing and Microsoft is working internally to solve this issue now.

convergent

After contacting the president of Microsoft Canada yesterday the correct people are now working on the case. I have confirmation that some paperwork was missing and Microsoft is working internally to solve this issue now.

Well I finally got my original order canceled, and some how ended up with a free new type cover since they had already shipped it to me and then for some reason issued a refund on that (prior to the order being canceled).

OP
D

Dalma

My computer was finally released from Canadian customs. Microsoft has missed enclosing some paperwork with the shipment and this delayed the delivery for exactly one week.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a Microsoft Store in most major Canadian cities. The head office is in Toronto. Microsoft Canada's website serves most Canadian needs of Microsoft products.

Cheers. Seems rather odd that they wouldn't be shipping units from within the country and forgo all this customs nonsense.