What's new

stock weather app doesn't updatte

bertopl

anybody having problems with the stock weather app live tile not updating?? this just started happening lately. it used to always show data on the tile, but a lot of times now it'll just show an icon of a sun with no data. I have to go into the app and then back out to the start screen for the live tile to update with data which sorta defeats the purpose. I'm not sure if this totally coincided with the group of updates to Windows 8 last week but I do know that it didn't used to happen and is recently doing it a lot. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, still happens. interesting thing is uninstalling a metro app doesn't seem to COMPLETELY remove all data. after uninstalling and reinstalling the weather app, it still remembered both my home location and my favorite cities.

spectre51

Nope my stock weather app seems to be working fine still. Maybe try uninstalling it then re-downloading it from the store.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

tonyz3

i believe it has to do with when in hibernation or off it is not updating on SP. are you not getting updates while the SP is on and you are working or just when coming out of hibernating.

OP
bertopl

bertopl

I actually disabled hibernation so the surface just sleeps at best. I've noticed this happening most after waking it from sleep overnight or (if my memory is correct) sometimes when booting up from a full shutdown? I noticed too that if I don't open the weather app to update the tile and I just continue working that it eventually springs to life. it just seems to take FAR longer to update normally than it used to. like I mentioned in my original post, I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the store.

tonyz3

Lol how often does the weather change from blazing sticky hot in Las Vegas that you need an instant live tile update.:wink:

OP
bertopl

bertopl

:) yer right tony. just goes from hot to effin hot this time of year!! not a biggie, just a little weird about everything working as it should. I'll just live with it for now or maybe look for a slicker weather app.

ArnoldC

Nope my stock weather app seems to be working fine still. Maybe try uninstalling it then re-downloading it from the store.
It happened to me after an OS update, the weather app and [WaterMark] didn't work until I removed them and re-installed from the store.

As an alternative, AccuWeather.