What's new

Stopping cursor from moving across two monitors?

CrippsCorner

Hi, I may have actually started a similar thread in the past, forget now! But I like to check back every once in a while in case there's new software out there...

My set up is my Surface Pro extended to an external monitor... I use exclusively touch on the Surface screen, therefore I have no need to use the cursor there. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to completely stop the cursor from getting on there (accidentally) if you move it to the edge of the external monitor. I tried software called MouseTrap, but to put it simply, it doesn't work.

Any other ideas chaps?

hotphil

There might be something out there. But if you arrange display properties something like below, would that help minimize the chance of accidental creep from one screen to the other?
Capture.JPG

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Yes, that's exactly what I do. To be honest it rarely happens to me now, but when I let my mum or girlfriend loose on it they somehow always manage to get it on the other screen and then can never get it back! It's then followed by, "This Surface is a piece of crap"
cry.png
which annoys me, as it's them with the problem... I found another piece of software with a similar name called Mouse Trapper, which works for about half an hour then stops working for some reason.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

biggrin.png
yeah... maybe I shouldn't, but I was trying to convince my mum to get one too. However she's convinced she wants a mini tablet, come on Microsoft make the Surface Mini!